The Lost Songs Project is a new and evolving challenge designed to blur the line between originality and imitation. We all have favorite artists and consciously or subconsciously create songs that bear some resemblance to their work.
Well now we have the chance to take this phenomena to another level. Round one of the LSP asks you to choose a record that you love and record a song that was left off the album. Maybe it destined to be a B side, or maybe it slipped into obscurity only to emerge years latter on some european bootleg. It might have even disappeared for good had you not stumbled upon an old cassette stuffed into the crack of the back seat of that car you r;onlytopic=;show=ented while vacationing in Idaho. But now we can all get to hear that bonus track that you know should have made the cut when the album was sequenced.
So here's the deal.
1. Pick the album you want to work with and write that extra song that's missing. As always - no covers allowed - only original compositions.
2. Keep your choice a secret, but be sure to let us know you're in the game.
3. Wait till Friday November 30th to post your song, and post a note back here so people can find it. Also include LSP in the title so we can collect these songs easily.
4. In your song description, challenge listeners to identify the album your song is based on.
5. One week later a list will be compiled and posted here and on the forum identifying the source albums used in the challenge.
In the future if there is a round two, and I certainly hope there is - we'll all agree on one album to work with - increasing the degree of difficulty - and resulting in the release of "The Lost Album".
Please see this as good fun and not a test of your abilities. Don't sweat the production - you can post a "Lost Demo".
this link will take you to the forum where it all began
NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS
takes you to a chat page during the posting period
LOST & FOUND
is where the sources are revealed