Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
apb
Forum Full Member

Why The Music Industry's Next Big Disruption Is In The Recor
Sunday, July 06 2014 @ 02:46 AM CDT

Got this from Steck on FB.. thought I'd post it here:

http://www.fastcolabs.com/3032642/why-the-music-industrys-next-big-disruption-is-in-the-recording-studio?utm_content=bufferdda4c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Thoughts?

Have you all tried https://www.landr.com/ for example? (I just had time to try a couple of mine.... one
I had mastered myself with Ozone 3.. and I found it comforting it just sounded slightly quieter and duller, and another I hadn't mastered at all and it said some message like "Woah your input file was too loud, upload a quieter version for better results"... can't have left much head-room Smile ...

isn't the problem these mastering tools are somewhat late in the average home musicians chain to do much "improvement" than compress and make louder? (which for many gives the illusion of a "better mix"?) -you need more sub-work eg. on vocal tracks individually most often (at least apparent on my recordings). You might get better results sending it 1 track at a time (say) before putting everything together... might try that.

XMaramena
Forum Full Member

Re:Why The Music Industry's Next Big Disruption Is In The Re
Sunday, July 06 2014 @ 11:53 AM CDT

Which is exactly why I'm putting together a production training course.
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 06 2014 @ 12:31 PM CDT

Interesting find, Alan. Thx for posting this. I don't expect much, but it's probably fine for posting MP3s to MacJams.

BTW, although it says to upload WAV files, AIF files apparently work, as well. Wink

I did a quick test on one of my *decades-old* mixes and noticed some subtle improvements.

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 07 2014 @ 06:22 PM CDT

Quote by: XMaramena
Which is exactly why I'm putting together a production training course.

And when you do, I want to buy a copy.   Likewise if you do a web-based training course, I want to sign up.