Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
flagg1337
Forum Junior

Free Session Drumming
Saturday, January 18 2014 @ 12:02 AM CST

Hi everyone, my name is David. If anyone is interested, I'm willing to do what's called "online session drumming" for free.

Why for free? I want to gain more experience in session drumming for customers from afar, plus doing this kind of work is a great way for me to stay engaged and be creative as a drummer without being tied to a specific band. And of course, it's fun!

I do alot as far as studio/session drumming and using GarageBand for some side projects in music production.

What can I provide you? I record my drum tracks in GB with Addictive Drums by playing on an expanded Yamaha DTX950K drum kit. If you are unfamiliar with these products, I encourage you to look them up so you can appreciate the professional track I can give your song. I'll give you the finished track however you want it, either as a Garage Band File, AIFF, or whatever fits your workflow.

My strongest areas are Rock-Centric, but I have taken lessons in hip-hop, jazz, and Latin percussion as well. For Metal folks: I use a Pearl Eliminator double-bass pedal for applications where double bass is appropriate, so if you need metal drumming don't hesitate to ask. On that note, I have to add that I don't feel the need to put double bass into everything (I'm sure we have all met that drummer).

I know the new drummer feature in Garage Band and Logic Pro is a great improvement but nothing can compare to a real drum track created specifically for a song with the songwriters exact desires in mind. I can usually create for you, after one or two conversations, what would take hours to program in a drum machine or on a MIDI piano roll.

If you are interested, contact me through this forum or e-mail me at flagg1337@gmail.com. I'd be happy to send you a sample or two of what I've done in other projects and discuss what you are looking for in your project to determine if I can help get you the sound you want. As some of you may know, what I'm wanting to do for free is a service others charge sometimes more than $200 bucks an hour to do. Let me save you or someone you know a few bucks and have a blast in the process.
XMaramena
Forum Full Member

Re:Free Session Drumming
Saturday, January 18 2014 @ 03:24 AM CST

Hi there, welcome to MacJams. Could you upload some samples of your work?

Cheers
flagg1337
Forum Junior

Saturday, January 18 2014 @ 11:46 PM CST

Hi, I posted a little project I'm working on with my brother with a working title of "despair". It was born from two 45 second recordings he made of the guitar picking and the chord underlay, and he wanted to see what I could come up with messing around on the new garage band. Anyway, it's kind of an example of some rock drumming and a gradual escalation in intensity from the percussion section.
Sigmund
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 19 2014 @ 12:51 AM CST

Hey there - welcome. Good drummers are few and far between around these parts. If you could post some music on your home page, or provide some links to your music it would be greatly appreciated. Chances are you'll get busy here real quick.

Sig
sschedra
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 19 2014 @ 12:03 PM CST

Dave, Hey! Welcome to MacJams. I looked on you page and did not see "Despair" Is it waiting for approval? In any case, I look forward to hearing your work and perhaps collaborating on a successful song.
Here's hoping you get as much pout of Macjams as I have. Welcome!
flagg1337
Forum Junior

Sunday, January 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM CST

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome. I wish I would have found this forum earlier; it seems filled with good music and good people. The song I posted, "despair", is currently awaiting approval since it is my first submission. I'm also collaborating with Graham Exton on some of his tracks so hopefully I'll be able to reference those as sample work in the nearer future.
grah3am
Forum Regular Poster

Sunday, January 19 2014 @ 06:57 PM CST

Quote by: flagg1337
Hello and thank you for the warm welcome. I wish I would have found this forum earlier; it seems filled with good music and good people. The song I posted, "despair", is currently awaiting approval since it is my first submission. I'm also collaborating with Graham Exton on some of his tracks so hopefully I'll be able to reference those as sample work in the nearer future.

Well, I certainly approve. When my latest (What's it All About, Alfred) has run its course I'll put up the rejuvenated "If I Only Had You." It sounds like a new song with proper drums, and I'm delighted. More will follow. (Excited!)

"You read him his rights while I shave his legs."
MarkHolbrook
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 20 2014 @ 02:19 AM CST

Welcome! Hopefully someday I'll have another musical idea and perhaps one that needs drums and I'll keep your link!

Wherever you go, there you are!
alackbass
Forum Full Member

Monday, January 20 2014 @ 06:59 AM CST

Quote by: MarkHolbrook
Welcome! Hopefully someday I'll have another musical idea and perhaps one that needs drums and I'll keep your link!

I know just how you feel Mark!

grah3am
Forum Regular Poster

Wednesday, January 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM CST

I couldn't wait for my current song (What's it All About, Alfred) to run its course to post the songs that David did the drums for. To say that all three were totally transformed is an understatement. The tunes are "The Hunt", "Thank You" and "If I Only Had You." David is intuitive, insightful and quick. The results speak for themselves. I did virtually no tweaking other than EQing to make the drum levels agree with the rest. I haven't finished, but the present versions show David's skills off just fine. Check him out and make use of his kind offer while you can, folks.

"You read him his rights while I shave his legs."