Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Loob
Forum Full Member

Toggle tempo view
Monday, October 23 2017 @ 01:29 PM CDT

How does one toggle the tempo to be in view in Logic Pro X? I have been getting project files from Maurice7 to collaborate. It's working well, except I don't see the tempo on the page when I open them. I have tried help and even youtube but nothing seems to address this specifically. Anyone?

zzzzzzzzz
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Re:Toggle tempo view
Monday, October 23 2017 @ 04:38 PM CDT

Do you mean the tempo automation?

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13205?locale=en_US

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
Loob
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 23 2017 @ 05:30 PM CDT

Quote by: chikoppi
Do you mean the tempo automation?

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13205?locale=en_US

No, but that is exactly what has been the problem with the help I've tried to use. I don't see the tempo of the project ANYWHERE on the screen. It's not visible. How do I somehow toggle it to be visible?

zzzzzzzzz
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 23 2017 @ 05:40 PM CDT

View > Show Control Bar

-- My CD.
Vic Holman
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 23 2017 @ 05:59 PM CDT

maybe this will help, if I'm getting what your saying

under plug ins go down to the Metering folder. choose BPM Counter.

well, you don't see that everyday
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 23 2017 @ 09:23 PM CDT

Quote by: Loob
No, but that is exactly what has been the problem with the help I've tried to use. I don't see the tempo of the project ANYWHERE on the screen. It's not visible. How do I somehow toggle it to be visible?

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13440?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Set the display mode for the LCD

The LCD has five display modes, allowing you to view the time format in either musical units (bars and beats) or absolute time units (minutes and seconds), independent of the time format of the ruler.

Click the triangle on the right side of the LCD, then choose one of the following from the pop-up menu:

Beats and Project: Displays the time format in bars and beats, and displays project properties (tempo, key, and time signature).

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
Loob
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM CDT

Quote by: chikoppi
Quote by: Loob

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13440?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Set the display mode for the LCD

The LCD has five display modes, allowing you to view the time format in either musical units (bars and beats) or absolute time units (minutes and seconds), independent of the time format of the ruler.

Click the triangle on the right side of the LCD, then choose one of the following from the pop-up menu:

Beats and Project: Displays the time format in bars and beats, and displays project properties (tempo, key, and time signature).

Thank you! This was very helpful! While I didn't see a toggle (or checkmark) speccific to this problem, I did find a "restore defaults", on the "customize control bar display", and so I clicked that and restored the defaults, and "viola" it came into view. Very helpful! Thank you!

zzzzzzzzz

Loob
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM CDT

Quote by: VicDiesel
View > Show Control Bar

This is close! Found it under "Customize Control Bar Display" as per the posted tutorial in msg under this. It was worded as "beats/project" (putting a checkmark in), which is a bit confusing. Putting a checkmark there does indeed make the tempo display pop up. Problem solved. You were very close with your response.

zzzzzzzzz