Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
awigze
Forum Full Member

Re:Chick Munks
Tuesday, September 01 2009 @ 11:13 PM CDT

I am going to have to stop talking to you about this subject, Daug. Evidently, in the past, some of the Chick band members had been known to stalk their most supportive fans. I thought they had spent long enough in rehab but you know what they say about a tiger's stripes. I am going underground for a bit. Hope you understand! I know they love me, but in an odd way. And to think... all that I have suffered for them.... and tried to help... I'am all choked up now....

Music is the master link in the chain of the tribes of mankind! -SloParts
and so it goes...
Char
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 02 2009 @ 03:27 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
Do you think they will cover some GTOs song?
I mean, they could do anything, but there are the classics ya know?
I'd like to hear them do that Larry Fisher's song "The Taster" or that girl group
smash that T. James and the Shondell's covered: "The Hanky Panky".
Maybe they could cover an Ego Bandit tune? That's modern too!
Bud! That goup would be perfect with Bud, in the deep space Bud keeps in the bottom
drawer, those Chicks could really get lost...

Daug

I hope a couple of these are on YouTube. I don't know these tunes. The Chicks don't do covers. That was my understanding. They really are talented. They have been mismanaged. They have succumbed to excess: too many cheetos and nuts. Good girls gone bad. I hope they have gotten it together, finally.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. Katharine Hepburn
Char
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 02 2009 @ 04:59 AM CDT

Quote by: Calchas
Believe or not, I have all three of their albums. They are promo copies that I found in a dumpster behind a local radio station.

Currently I'm torn between burning and selling bootleg copies, or just sitting on them until some mad collector is prepared to pay top dollar for them.

As for their music...well...I think they're OK...but I can take or leave them...They sound like a dozen other bands to me. I really don't understand why there's all this hoopla about them.

Be well all!

"Can Take or Leave them".. how unkind. Surprised at your insensitivity, but to each his own. Maybe, the ChickMunks will surprise you. I trust that that is a real possibility. I hope you can give them another chance. Have a nice sabbatical. Smile

Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 02 2009 @ 07:37 AM CDT

Sorry to hear about those threats to your person Andy.

Daug
Char
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 02 2009 @ 11:17 AM CDT

Sorry to hear about those threats to your person Andy.

Daug

You are NOT sorry, Daug! You like to get Andy in trouble. You stir the pot and then vamoose out of the kitchen while Andy is dumped in hot water. You are the pot calling the kettle black. The Chicks can sense evil. You are evil. Just saying....

Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 02 2009 @ 11:47 AM CDT

Char, if Chicks they could sense evil they wouldn't have management problems.
For myself, I am a Daug.
I am beyond good and evil.
Threatening Andy is a poor choice, he is a talented and sensible man merely trying to amuse himself.

Daug

MarkHolbrook
Forum Full Member

NEWS FLASH
Wednesday, September 02 2009 @ 11:58 AM CDT

More trouble surfaces within the super group The Chick Monks!

MacJams - September 2nd, 2009 10:05 MT

After a brilliant but all too brief stint in the vocal spot light Chick Monk #1 has thrown in the vocal towel. Citing personal reasons she claimed vehemently... "I'm obtaining a restraining order immediately... All microphones are to be kept a minimum of 10 feet from my person!"

When asked how this might effect the super group, losing one of their primary vocalists on such short notice with a fully booked radio and live performance schedule ahead of them, Chick Munk #1 replied, "WTF do I care!? I'm playing drums from here on out! I can toast Rock Bank on drums no problem!"

This leaves us, their fans, pondering their musical future. Part of the draw to the Chick Munks was their stunning albeit unique vocals. We can only hope that another Chick Munk will step up into the limelight and take over the lead vocal role. But can such a change be swallowed by the super group on this short notice.

Radio show host RadioChuck was speechless (a rare thing) when he heard the news... He studdered... "wh wh why would Chick Munk #1 do this... just hours before a planned radio performance!? She had it goin on..." A bottle appeared on the desk with two glasses after that statement and I was able to share an endless drink with the great radio personality.

As we all know artists, true artists often despise or do not recognize their own talents. This seems to be the case with Chick Munk #1. We can only hope that the super group can hold together in these troubled times.

Reporting live from MacJams Concert City
I am MarkHolbrook

Wherever you go, there you are!
Char
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 02 2009 @ 12:01 PM CDT

Char, if Chicks they could sense evil they wouldn't have management problems.
For myself, I am a Daug.
I am beyond good and evil.
Threatening Andy is a poor choice, he is a talented and sensible man merely trying to amuse himself.

Daug

I hope you misunderstood. I am not a Chick and I never threatened Andy. I wasn't even here. I heard rumors that the Chicks were on his case and focused their wrath on him only after Mark served time for certain improprieties which all went down way before I was able to make my return here. Everyone knows this: Everyone!
I helped Andy escape once by blowing a gate. This is the truth. Someone threatened his dog, but show me the proof that it was me. Yeah..that's right, you got nothing.
He himself, out of his own lips gave you up Daug. That's right.He may be talented and sensitive but he does make light of the Chicks from time to time.
You are correct about the Chicks' failing to find the wolf in their midst but I think that took place because of certain romantic entanglements. And we are all aware that love is blind. Those are the choices, as I digress: Either amuse yourself or hook up.

Char
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 02 2009 @ 12:08 PM CDT

Quote by: MarkHolbrook
More trouble surfaces within the super group The Chick Monks!

MacJams - September 2nd, 2009 10:05 MT

After a brilliant but all too brief stint in the vocal spot light Chick Monk #1 has thrown in the vocal towel. Citing personal reasons she claimed vehemently... "I'm obtaining a restraining order immediately... All microphones are to be kept a minimum of 10 feet from my person!"

When asked how this might effect the super group, losing one of their primary vocalists on such short notice with a fully booked radio and live performance schedule ahead of them, Chick Munk #1 replied, "WTF do I care!? I'm playing drums from here on out! I can toast Rock Bank on drums no problem!"

This leaves us, their fans, pondering their musical future. Part of the draw to the Chick Munks was their stunning albeit unique vocals. We can only hope that another Chick Munk will step up into the limelight and take over the lead vocal role. But can such a change be swallowed by the super group on this short notice.

Radio show host RadioChuck was speechless (a rare thing) when he heard the news... He studdered... "wh wh why would Chick Munk #1 do this... just hours before a planned radio performance!? She had it goin on..." A bottle appeared on the desk with two glasses after that statement and I was able to share an endless drink with the great radio personality.

As we all know artists, true artists often despise or do not recognize their own talents. This seems to be the case with Chick Munk #1. We can only hope that the super group can hold together in these troubled times.

Reporting live from MacJams Concert City
I am MarkHolbrook

At least, she was recognized as Chick #1. Someone who has been there may be able to convince her that there is more than her comfort at stake. Without her Q note, they simply sound uneven, as they sing between the notes already.
Very nicely reported, I might add. That did not suck. Kudos, Mr. Holbrook.

sheilad
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 02 2009 @ 12:13 PM CDT

I heard #1 became unglued and got demoted to #3... nothing wrong with being the middle of the road.... last one picked for the prom type. Means you might not have to go shopping for a dreadful dress and worse yet... matching shoes....