Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Monkaton
Forum Full Member

Disappearing Act
Tuesday, November 25 2008 @ 12:00 AM CST

What is going on when you send a song from Garage Band to iTunes and it does not show up in iTunes?

The mixdown window completes its cycle and the screen goes to iTunes, but the song isn't there.

Very strange indeed. Any ideas about what may be going on?

As always, thanks so much for your help.

Search, listen and buy "The Return of the Well-Known Trout" on iTunes, and and "The State of the Onion" on iTunes, Amazon mp3, CD Baby, Digstation and many more. You'll be Glad You Did!!!
thetiler
Forum Full Member

Re:Disappearing Act
Tuesday, November 25 2008 @ 01:22 AM CST

Go to Preferences in GarageBand and (last icon on top is "My Info") and select a playlist that you have in itunes.

Make sure you spell exactly the same in GB prefs as the playlist indicates.
Plus if you are in Music in itunes you can do a search.
Hope that helps!
Monkaton
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 25 2008 @ 11:03 AM CST

Quote by: thetiler
Go to Preferences in GarageBand and (last icon on top is "My Info") and select a playlist that you have in itunes.

Make sure you spell exactly the same in GB prefs as the playlist indicates.
Plus if you are in Music in itunes you can do a search.
Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tip Tiler, but it's still not showing up in iTunes. I tried to send it to the Music under Library and also an album file and it still doesn't show in iTunes.

I know that it's not a compatibility issue between GB 3 and iTunes 8 because I sent a previous mix to iTunes and that showed up fine.

Still at a loss for what's going on. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Anybody else have an idea what's going on?

Search, listen and buy "The Return of the Well-Known Trout" on iTunes, and and "The State of the Onion" on iTunes, Amazon mp3, CD Baby, Digstation and many more. You'll be Glad You Did!!!

Tuesday, November 25 2008 @ 12:22 PM CST

i Tunes view: Left panel, "Library" --> "Music" then Try clicking "view" on the menu bar ---> "as list"
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM CST

Quote by: Repulsive_Landlord
i Tunes view: Left panel, "Library" --> "Music" then Try clicking "view" on the menu bar ---> "as list"

... then click on the Date Added column heading to bring it to the top

Monkaton
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 26 2008 @ 01:03 AM CST

Thank you all for responding.

I had a / in the title of the song and so iTunes did not recognize it. As soon as I removed the / iTunes imported the song.

The strange thing is that I exported another version of the song with two // and iTunes imported that one.

Anyways, problem solved and much appreciative that you all took time to respondolay.