Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Elevator_Funk
Forum Full Member

Dream Live Show!
Monday, July 02 2012 @ 08:33 PM CDT

I get to see my all time favorite musician/singer ever on Wednesday night. I could gush and gush and you would never know what it means to me to see him, but I have to share this video.

I just cleaned out my bank account to buy tickets and hotel rooms to Los Angeles for the show, and i'm going to be broke when I get home, but it's going to be soooo worth it.

Want to know how bad i've been wanting to see D'angelo for the past almost 20 years? Picture the girls in the Beatles/Ed Sullivan show. That will be me.....

Elevator_Funk
Forum Full Member

Re:Dream Live Show!
Wednesday, July 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM CDT

So most of the MJ's demographics skews away from music like this, but I have to say, this was the best concert I have ever attended and will be unless I see D'Angelo again. This was my bucket list concert.

Pino Palladino - Bass
Chris 'Daddy' Dave - Drums (look him up on youtube)
Jesse Johnson - Guitar (from Morris Day and the Time)
D'Angelo - My musical lord and savior.

I have to share another clip from the concert I was at in L.A. on July 4. I was somewhere in this crowd just a few people back from the front.

dimm witness
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM CDT

the way I felt to see the residents , and or kraftwerk :-) awesome! I know how it feels to have no one understand. I loved the time. ;-)
dimm witness
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 18 2012 @ 12:54 AM CDT

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/07/dangelo_house_of_blues_july_4.php

a review Smile love house of blues shows -- seen devo residents numan at sunset or anaheim hob

intimate shows with great artists are the best. saw yes at a 99 seat dinner theater. I could almost read one of the guy's watch. awesomeness.

Elevator_Funk
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 18 2012 @ 01:18 AM CDT

Quote by: dimm witness
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/07/dangelo_house_of_blues_july_4.php

a review Smile love house of blues shows -- seen devo residents numan at sunset or anaheim hob

intimate shows with great artists are the best. saw yes at a 99 seat dinner theater. I could almost read one of the guy's watch. awesomeness.

Thanks for the link Dimm!

I really liked the way the place was laid out. There was not a bad spot to be in the whole place. I'm sure glad I got to see the show here and not in some stadium somewhere.