Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

"Chuck"
Tuesday, October 18 2016 @ 07:16 AM CDT

At age 90 Chuck Berry releases a new album, first one in 37 years. Includes some new songs...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chuck-berry-marks-90th-birthday-with-first-lp-in-38-years-w445376

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Re:
Tuesday, October 18 2016 @ 10:01 AM CDT

"My darlin', I'm growing old! I've worked on this record for a long time. Now I can hang up my shoes!" — Chuck Berry

Talk about career longevity! I can only guess that Chuck will now retire to a... *Rocking Chair.* Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:
Tuesday, October 18 2016 @ 06:40 PM CDT

“Holy sh*t!!”

As for me, I’d be quite happy to be alive at age 90 ... let alone (as my great-grandmother was ...), saying, “Oh, to be 70 again ...”

... and to, at that grand age, produce yet-another album ...!!

Okay, dude ... so ’ya ... might ... may-bee ... get to ... y’know ... “cool your heels™” for ... may-bee ... up-to another decade, but, be warned!   We expect (at the very least ...) another full album from you by the time you reach age 100!

(Once you have safely reached that milestone, “your lawyers and our lawyers” will of course have plenty of time in which to negotiate “one hundred and ten ... etcetera™ ...”)

... koff ... koff ...

Anyway ... “Happy Birthday, dood ...”

mr_mordenus
Forum Full Member

Re:
Wednesday, October 19 2016 @ 12:44 PM CDT

From the Great Philosopher Les Nessman... the Words Of Wisdom peak at the 2.06 minute mark.