Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Soundbreaking
Thursday, November 03 2016 @ 11:53 AM CDT

"Soundbreaking," the last project produced by Sir George Martin, premieres November 14, 2016 at 10 PM, EST on PBS and will air its subsequent 60-minute episodes DAILY, running from Monday, November 14 to Friday, November 18 and the final episodes will air on Monday, November 21 through Wednesday, November 23 — all at 10 PM, EST. It highlights access to some of the most celebrated music artists, producers and innovators with rare archival studio footage and an extensive musical soundtrack, to provide a wide-ranging series on the art of music recording. Charting a century's worth of innovation and experimentation in the creation of music, the series offers a behind-the-scenes look at the birth of brand new sounds — from the invention of the microphone to the Moog synthesizer, from the phonograph to digital streaming.

CORRECTION: After checking the PBS site I discovered the original schedule was erroneous. The series will air DAILY, running from Monday, November 14 to Friday, November 18 and the final episodes will air on Monday, November 21 through Wednesday, November 23 — all at 10 PM, EST.

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Re:Soundbreaking
Thursday, November 03 2016 @ 12:22 PM CDT

This looks like a real interesting as well as entertaining history. Thanks for the heads up!

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Friday, November 04 2016 @ 12:38 AM CDT

— NOTE THE CORRECTION TO THE AIR DATES ABOVE —

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND

Warren Smith
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 15 2016 @ 09:15 AM CST

Sounds interesting, indeed. I may have to wait until after it has been broadcast in its entirety, you know, so I can binge watch it.