Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
awigze
Forum Full Member

Re:Shills and Astroturf: Addkisson
Monday, April 17 2017 @ 12:47 PM CDT

"I want the truth just like anyone else. But I'll be damned if I believe the truth that the other side pays for."
-Mack Daddy Jones

Music is the master link in the chain of the tribes of mankind! -SloParts
and so it goes...
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Monday, April 17 2017 @ 09:40 PM CDT

Look for yourself! Here is an example where corporate censorship is easy to see. Hicks was loud and widely ignored behind this event. There was comedy before Homey the Clown.
Bill Hicks club routine here following his appearance on the Letterman show being censored completely off the air. And this after it had approved for broadcast by the shows producers.

Letterman has been off the air for a longtime, but this riff by Hicks will give you some further perspective on the censorship issue. Hicks' case clearly demonstrates how dangerous the truth was to corporate America, then and of course now- no one works the kind of material Hicks made famous.

Corporate censorship is real folks. Investigate for yourself.
Bill Hicks was driven off the club stages and could not get into venues in the United States, basically because he would make fun of those people in the audience who were sleeping through their lives in the thrall of corporate America.

Hicks followed a long line of comics in America who were at odds with the political and corporate elite. Sadly, corporate censorship won in comedy. The corporation tells you what is funny and political correctness ensures the corporate will is followed. You doubt?
Dave Chappell? Naw. Research for yourself? Why isn't the truth funny anymore?

Daug
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Monday, April 17 2017 @ 10:43 PM CDT

FFS. An individual has a right to free speech, but not in my living room. In other words, say whatever you like, but no one is compelled to provide you a platform for doing it.

Letterman was a TV show designed for a specific audience, meant to have broad appeal. It wasn't a public forum. No one had a right to appear and the show only ever booked guests that were good for the show. That same dynamic has been true from the days of the Ed Sullivan Show.

It's like saying the Chicago Blues Fest is guilty of "censorship" for not booking Nine Inch Nails.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 18 2017 @ 07:56 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

to suggest a much, that the lives of those four men were worthless, is insulting to myself and many Americans,

Don't you find it insulting to take the lives of these men and turn them into a political game with no other purpose than to damage mrs Clinton?

The affair was investigated. Case closed. (Did the fact that Republicans cut the security budget have anything to do with it?)

And then *you* dug up their corpses again and started playing football with them.

Victor.

-- My CD.
bud
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 18 2017 @ 09:59 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

Hicks followed a long line of comics in America who were at odds with the political and corporate elite. Sadly, corporate censorship won in comedy. The corporation tells you what is funny and political correctness ensures the corporate will is followed. You doubt?
Dave Chappell? Naw. Research for yourself? Why isn't the truth funny anymore?

Daug

Yes, you are absolutely right. Going back to Lenny Bruce and likely some others before him, corporate media that sells corporate products on the broadest medium possible to folks who fail to explore other venues have and always will control the message.

This is not news. Thanks to cable and the internet we have been able to find artists that would otherwise not be seen. I get your point that the internet is now threatened the same way TV was if net neutrality is lost. I don't like it any more than you do. This is not some kind of plot, it's capitalism, the society we all live in. It has been and will continue to be a struggle to live in opposition to the corporate will.

Now, what do you propose? Exactly how do you free "your" self? And why would you presume that we are all so stupid as to not know what's going on?

And while you're at it spell Karen Attkisson's name correctly.

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 19 2017 @ 05:29 PM CDT

Quote by: J.A.Stewart

let's step entirely out of this thread for a moment

wow. this video makes a lot of sense. i've seen this behavior pattern many times before and i have been mystified about what people were doing in their lives. this snaps those events into clear focus. wow

that's all from me for now. carry on...
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM CDT

i think it was HBO that produced George Carlin's last performances. i think he knew he was dying and distilled his opinions into a devastating indictment of Western Culture. i mostly agreed with his worldview. and i quote him a lot. he was a philosopher disguised as a comic.

corporate censorship was fucked by Carlin. all seven ways.
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, April 20 2017 @ 07:48 AM CDT

Here's a list complied by an independent content provider, an Englishman, which chronicles the companies who have removed their advertising on You Tube.
No pay, no content? Well, at least the shills and tools are still there...lol.

Daug
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Thursday, April 20 2017 @ 10:07 AM CDT

And?

Lyft pulled their ad content from YouTube when their ads appeared on overtly racist material. Other advertisers have withdrawn citing the same concerns and conflicts.

Google uses an algorithm to pair advertising with suitable of content. That algorithm was not sufficient to ensure advertisers were not associated with material they didn't want to be associated with.

Those YouTube content creators can still post their content. For free.

If you want to make money from advertising then you are creating a product with your content and your audience. The nature of your content and the scope of your audience is what determines your value to prospective customers - the people with advertising budgets.

"Why can't I compel someone to pay me for my product when they don't want it? Help, I'm being censored!"

What revenue-minded content creators should be doing is to work with YouTube to develop more reliable adverting placement metrics. Instead, a vocal minority is complaining that corporations aren't being forced to financially underwrite their "watch me get kicked in the groin" or "why Asians are subhuman" video series.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles

Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Thursday, April 20 2017 @ 06:13 PM CDT

How does it feel? Bob Dylan opened up his most darling era with song about the vacancy all around him. "Like a Rolling Stone" transcended all his previous attempts to attack the culture of the fakes in his audience. Dylan became adept at despising his audience. Why? Too long ago? Naw, nothing really has changed.
Mr. Roger Scurton is an English intellectual. He covers the same territory in this lecture and takes on sentimentality and kitsch as well... His critique of Philip Glass and pop music is splendid, but that's another topic.
Fake news, fake opinions, fake commenters, fake comments, corporate opinion leading, where 10 people with computers become a legion and social activism becomes mere attention seeking for true believers. Harsh summary? Are my friends, read their comments, are they are real?
Of course, everything is real, true and so reasonable, but how does it feel?

Daug