Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Alan Holdsworth Passes
Saturday, April 29 2017 @ 08:42 AM CDT

The death of this guy has brought unprecedented tributes from all over the music community; for those with ears the King has passed! Long live the King!

No word about his passing here at MJ, surprising? We at MJ don't have any interest in music... stop hating for a minute and pay attention!

So, to clean that neglect up, AH died alone at home on the 15th of April. He was 70. Days before his demise he was playing awesome gigs, those shows have been pirated out online.

The performance above is typical, this tune is an AH standard, lol.

What is going on here? Where is the cultural apparatus folks need to sanction musical performance? What does that sentence even mean? Can't even understand what he is doing, or conceive of how he is doing it? Yet something is happening... without progressive dancers, weed, a rapper, or a corporate agenda...

Look and see, where is the body commercial? Where are the clothes to buy? There are no cultural instructions embedded in his performance, just a random guy making loathsome noise... Unlike any other!

Daug
kingbee
Forum Full Member

Re:Alan Holdsworth Passes
Sunday, April 30 2017 @ 03:26 AM CDT

loads of obituaries on the web now
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/19/allan-holdsworth-obituary

he was quite a low profile kind of guy who didn't want fame which might explain a lot of the 'Allan Who?'
I think a lot of people weren't quite sure what to make of him. Jazz rock? prog jazz?

The opening bars of Metal Fatigue were always a good kick up the arse though I didn't latch on to everything he did he was an excellent and individual musician
R.I.P Allan
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 01 2017 @ 10:57 AM CDT

Yes... R.I.P.
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 01 2017 @ 02:44 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

No word about his passing here at MJ, surprising? We at MJ don't have any interest in music... stop hating for a minute and pay attention!

so just to be clear - anyone at MJ who didn't post about Holdsworth in the forums is a hater with no interest in music?

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
particledots
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 01 2017 @ 04:24 PM CDT

Quote by: magnatone

so just to be clear - anyone at MJ who didn't post about Holdsworth in the forums is a hater with no interest in music?

probably....
Philip18
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 01 2017 @ 10:41 PM CDT

We at MJ don't have any interest in music...

Daug

I'm not sure that the forums are the best place to gauge that. For me, commenting on or posting songs give a better indication of the broad and continuing musical interests of members. We still have quite a range here, albeit not as broad as it was a few years ago.

Philip
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 02 2017 @ 07:04 AM CDT

Keep hating Karen, clearly, it is all you got.

Daug
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 02 2017 @ 08:16 AM CDT

Quote by: Philip18

We at MJ don't have any interest in music...

Daug

I'm not sure that the forums are the best place to gauge that. For me, commenting on or posting songs give a better indication of the broad and continuing musical interests of members. We still have quite a range here, albeit not as broad as it was a few years ago.

Keyboard legend Bernie Worrell passed recently, a stone funk genius, nothing here at MJ. Racism? Maybe, or people are just focused on the wrong things. Like my friend Karen they are consumed with hatred, and waste there lives expressing their fake outrage when confronted with reality.

I chose not to eulogize Mr. Worrell at MJ, I let that go, calling out this community for being racist in their views would be unpopular in the least. But there it is. BW's death was ignored, and his life was uncelebrated at MJ, his was the most danced to keyboard in history! Think about that achievement. Nothing here at MJ.

Holdsworth, on the other hand, ignored, naw. Why? In a hundred years David Bowie and George Michael will not be recalled at all. The culture that made them important is being eclipsed even now. Both those guys were celebrated recklessly in the media upon their death. Two weeks went by after AH passed and nothing here? MJ claims to be a community of musicians, what a shame, and obviously something we don't live up to.

AH will still be played, taught, and marveled over in 100 years... His was a staggering talent. He is a true contemporary with John Coltrane. But don't take my word, investigate for yourself. Read the obits and tributes to him online. No Holdsworth? No Van Halen.

Read the comments about AH online by his peers. AH had the most advanced understanding of music on the planet, and the skills to demonstrate that vision.
MJ ignored his passing, and reacts with hate on being called out on the fact.

Does anyone here have an interest in the next sticky bun? The next politically correct offering is already in the works, the clothes are in the pipeline... shills and trolls at the ready.

Philip, AH died alone at home, reports indicate he was ill and broke. During his life he was neglected and ignored by the public, yet his contemporaries testify he was the King. AH was not a celebrity like Elvis, Michael Jackson or David Bowie. He was just a regular guy who played the guitar like a saxophone and liked to bike and drink cask ale. No big deal... go back to sleep, reality is adjurned.

Daug
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 02 2017 @ 10:41 AM CDT

Keep hating Karen, clearly, it is all you got.

Daug

Keyboard legend Bernie Worrell passed recently, a stone funk genius, nothing here at MJ. Racism? Maybe, or people are just focused on the wrong things. Like my friend Karen they are consumed with hatred, and waste there lives expressing their fake outrage when confronted with reality.

you seem nice

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 02 2017 @ 11:48 AM CDT

Keyboard legend Bernie Worrell passed recently, a stone funk genius, nothing here at MJ.

Musicians die all the time. Did anyone remark on the passing of Paul Bley last year?

Like my friend Karen they are consumed with hatred,

This statement is so silly that it disqualifies you from any further discussion that is not purely music technical.

Victor.

-- My CD.