Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Lennon vs Dylan
Wednesday, September 06 2017 @ 01:42 PM CDT

Sorry, as this appears to be authentic, and assuming it would be a novelty for you as well, here ya go...
Curious to still get surprised by Lennon is it not?
BTW, Syd Barrett's roast of Dylan is still my favorite, you'll have to research that one...

Daug
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Re:Lennon vs Dylan
Monday, September 11 2017 @ 09:44 AM CDT

Heard this years ago on the John Lennon box set.

Hysterically funny!
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, September 12 2017 @ 08:24 AM CDT

It might be considered heresy for me to say this, but I have never really cared for Dylan’s music.   You have to be immersed in the act of protesting something, because that’s always what he was.   Lennon was a driving force behind the Beatles and he knew how to craft a tight, commercial song that said something.
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 13 2017 @ 11:36 AM CDT

If memory serves---and by golly it sometimes does---there is a similar track on that box set where Lennon tears into Harrison.

I've always felt both tracks were in bad taste.
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Sunday, September 17 2017 @ 07:28 PM CDT

As much as I love Lennon's music...

Lennon vs Dylan?

If forced to choose - Dylan, and yet sometimes Lennon...

It seems that Lennon's insecurity and lack of grace surfaces once again in the above video.

And of course, Dylan was a bit tangle up...

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango
alley-oop
Forum Full Member

Monday, September 18 2017 @ 11:39 AM CDT

Arguably, at least according to Rolling Stone, Lennon and Dylan are the best of the best.

I am not a fan of saying who's better or worse or whatnot. Lennon was an amazing singer and songwriter. Mostly an abusive human who was unkind to many around him. Dylan a powerfully unique singer and amazing songwriter, also a riveting performer and I think a man with a moral compass. I love the songs of both.

If Lennon was with us now, I guess he'd put out music periodically then do a promotion tour. Then he would go about his life.

Dylan is a different kind of animal. He's out on the road all the time, he's out there right now somewhere in the world being a song and dance man.

My daughter went to college with one of Dylan's grandchildren. The kid was cool said my daughter. She said the kid said Dylan was close to his family, that he and the whole clan was aware of the grandchild's progress at school and Dylan would call him pretty regular to ask about school and stuff. I like that about him.

So Bob Dylan maybe is a human that is dictated by his conscience. Maybe Lennon not, but we really don't know.

But neither of them wrote 'Angel from Montgomery' John Prine did. That song holds as much emotional weight as any song. Here's Susan Tedischi's version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrSK-0-MQ8s

J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, September 20 2017 @ 01:13 PM CDT

[QUOTE BY= alley-oop] ...But neither of them wrote 'Angel from Montgomery' John Prine did. That song holds as much emotional weight as any song. Here's Susan Tedischi's version

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND