Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
smokey bacon jnr
Forum Full Member

midi keyboard stand
Sunday, November 06 2016 @ 10:27 AM CST

I've got a 25-key midi keyboard and I want to find a stand to put it on. I want the keyboard to be playable when I'm sitting down. I've got totally confused looking online - x stands, z stands, even sheet music stands! I can't find anywhere which says this will definitely work. Any help out there?
Bob Rodgers
Forum Regular Poster

Re:midi keyboard stand
Sunday, November 06 2016 @ 02:25 PM CST

Hi Pete,
Have a look at the QuikLok keyboard stands.
I have always used these for my keyboards, live and in my studio. They are strong, well made and they do many different types.
They are fully adjustable, especially if you want to sit down and play as they have a locking scissor arrangement that is fully adjustable for different heights.
I hope this helps.

Bob
smokey bacon jnr
Forum Full Member

Sunday, November 06 2016 @ 05:50 PM CST

Thanks Bob. Is that the x formation? Does it go narrow enough for a small keyboard?
Bob Rodgers
Forum Regular Poster

Monday, November 07 2016 @ 10:28 AM CST

Yes that is the x formation. I'm not sure if they do an adaptor plate for smaller keyboards as a smaller keyboard would not fit across the support poles if you lower it down too much.

Saying that though I have a QuikLok double tier keyboard stand. I have my main keyboard on the top stand and I bought a ready made black shelf from B&Q that fits across the lower stand perfectly.
I have my computer keyboard and mouse on the lower stand so maybe you could do the same thing for your smaller keyboard. Just a couple of U clips needed to hold the shelf in place on the support poles.
You also get a handy shelf each side of your keyboard :-)

Bob
bud
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 08 2016 @ 09:22 AM CST

You might consider a personal mixer mount for a mic stand. Just need a velcro strip to hold keyboard.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MT1

It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

smokey bacon jnr
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 09 2016 @ 08:53 AM CST

Hi. I've actually found a small table on an x stand! Best of all worlds. Thanks for all your ideas!!