Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
tokai
Forum Full Member

changing tempo in logic
Friday, November 28 2008 @ 05:46 AM CST

Is it possible to change the tempo in a song, i have tried to but the whole song changes, i notice if i try to change the timing from 4/4 to 3/4 i get indicator where ever i place the marker. i am currently using 110bpm but want to add 95bmp and possibly slower. IM am using logic express.

Born to be mild
Skean
Forum Full Member

Re:changing tempo in logic
Friday, November 28 2008 @ 06:19 AM CST

Quote by: tokai
Is it possible to change the tempo in a song, i have tried to but the whole song changes, i notice if i try to change the timing from 4/4 to 3/4 i get indicator where ever i place the marker. i am currently using 110bpm but want to add 95bmp and possibly slower. IM am using logic express.

http://www.macjams.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=14;showtopic=125571;onlytopic=;show=5;page=1;page=2

I Almost Always Try to Think Positive Thoughts.
tokai
Forum Full Member

Friday, November 28 2008 @ 06:40 AM CST

Cheers Skean, that was helpful, i so glad there are people on this site that know what they are doing. I have now found the tempo, but i have never used it before so i might have to come back for more useful advice.. this might open a whole new series of possibilities. Thank you mate.

Born to be mild
tokai
Forum Full Member

Friday, November 28 2008 @ 06:57 AM CST

as i thought..so now i have found the tempo change marker does anyone know how to set it. I have a point where i want to take the tempo down, with this you can not seem to set any markers to do this. once you begin to change the tempo all the tracks change and become smaller.

Born to be mild

* Post Removed *
Friday, November 28 2008 @ 08:06 AM CST

* This message has been removed *

* Post Removed *
Friday, November 28 2008 @ 09:17 AM CST

* Post Removed *
Friday, November 28 2008 @ 10:23 AM CST

tokai
Forum Full Member

Friday, November 28 2008 @ 11:15 AM CST

Jonk, thanks man. You know i read the manual, but i don't find it very easy to understand. However, your explanation is much better and i have figured it and have changed the tempo. Cheers.

Born to be mild

* Post Removed *
Friday, November 28 2008 @ 11:42 AM CST

tokai
Forum Full Member

Friday, November 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM CST

J, i am using express 7, believe me it is not the easiest of manuals, so bad i got a tutorial video, but that was for logic 8. The bottom line is i am getting 8 for crimbo, well hopefully if the misses thinks i have done enough jobs around the house. Apparently it is much better all round. Thanks for getting back to me.

Born to be mild