Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
ronnielong
Forum Full Member

Re:Brace for impact
Monday, December 07 2009 @ 02:46 AM CST

Quote by: MotherofMeursault

Oh, Ronnie, how lovely to see you again!

Yes, I agree with most of what you say (and if you scanned this thread you already know my thoughts about the Fed: the sooner it is abolished, the better). Your diagnosis of the average Amerikaner is positively Zappa-esque, and "food substance" made me laugh out loud! But I'd love to be able to convince you to rethink your HC/ Iraqistan position:

I think if I were to meet Mr. Obama, I would like him immensely. He is measured, articulate, intelligent etc. He projects (important word alert) the personification of the American upper-middle class, a group I hold in high regard (new divisive thread alert). To his credit, and I'm afraid, his enduring difficulty, he confessed early on that he was weak on the subject of economics. He has since convened not one, but two, separate bodies of 'economic advisors' to help him through the rough spots. A scan of the best and brightest he has chosen for the two groups reveals that all (with the possible exception of Paul Volcker) are Keynesians. This bodes ill.
I am sure you would agree that while it is morally satisfying to propose outspending the war in the pursuit of healthcare, it is a fools game: all the money is invented and the more that is invented, the worse the ultimate outcome will be.

Revolution 2.0 piques my interest, but the particular problem of the excess monetary inflation PLUS no household savings PLUS overwhelming foreign debt sets the stage for an inflationary depression (quite a different animal from the Great Depression). The social forces that that sets in motion could very easily produce a revolution more 'French' than 'American'. Capisce?
So, my position is: NO universal insurance, NO Middle East war, NO more support of foreign dictators, NO more counterfeit currency, NO MORE meddling of any kind...............

And, yes, I remember with great fondness my attack on your persona Big Grin

But this 'stink of arrogance' is mystifying...... I've always thought of it as 'the rare perfume of self-esteem'.

[insert winky emoticon here

MoM

Obviously looks like we are on the same page here… give or take a few small points…

Convince me to rethink my HC/ Iraqistan position?? Perhaps you didn’t gather that my “fuck it all” attitude was in jest?

I wasn’t suggesting we “outspend” anything… merely pointing out a flaw in logic (or lack thereof) on BOTH sides of this two party disaster. Either way we are stuck paying for the missteps of our own government- be it an UNJUST INVASION of IRAQ- or BLOATED HC Plan.

But it would be funny though, wouldn't it? If President Obama had the same "cowboy" attitude as "W"... You know? Just said "fuck it" and pushed the bill... I'd laugh, because it would just lead to the ultimate Republican-Pants-Shitting of all time...

But I digress..

I assume you are a fan of Dr. Ron Paul? You seem to regurgitate most of his views (Abolish the Fed, NO Middle East war, NO more support of foreign dictators, NO more counterfeit currency, NO MORE meddling of any kind)… Perhaps HE is the key to our Revolution 2.0?... and rightly so… I happen to agree with Dr. Ron Paul 100%... he seems to bring people together… maybe that’s why we are getting on so well… Wink

Wait a min… you found the memory of your attack on my persona, to be a “fond” one?? Are you suggesting you got the best of me?

I do remember you saying I was hard to knock down… but that would propose that you had knocked me down Wink

There’s that arrogance again Mum… whoops, pardon me “perfume of self-esteem”…

Wink

NEW ALBUM!! CLICK HERE!
MotherofMeursault
Forum Full Member

Monday, December 07 2009 @ 08:40 AM CST

Quote by: ronnielong

Convince me to rethink my HC/ Iraqistan position?? Perhaps you didn’t gather that my “fuck it all” attitude was in jest?

You're quite right. I've had an itchy trigger finger for the past couple of weeks, and in my haste I entirely missed the jest. Apologies.

I assume you are a fan of Dr. Ron Paul? You seem to regurgitate most of his views (Abolish the Fed, NO Middle East war, NO more support of foreign dictators, NO more counterfeit currency, NO MORE meddling of any kind)… Perhaps HE is the key to our Revolution 2.0?... and rightly so… I happen to agree with Dr. Ron Paul 100%... he seems to bring people together… maybe that’s why we are getting on so well… Wink

Yes, I like Ron Paul. I'm dismayed that his view of severely limiting the power of the feds to interfere with anyone's life, US citizen or not, is seen as so radical it requires 'defending'.
I am heartened, though, by its general and growing popularity among the college crowd.

Wait a min… you found the memory of your attack on my persona, to be a “fond” one?? Are you suggesting you got the best of me?

I do remember you saying I was hard to knock down… but that would propose that you had knocked me down Wink

Wink

But Ronnie.......... you don't mean to imply that I DIDN'T get the better of you, do you??

:-D

MoM
ronnielong
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, December 08 2009 @ 01:40 AM CST

Wink

But Ronnie.......... you don't mean to imply that I DIDN'T get the better of you, do you??

:-D

MoM

Ha! Does your “perfume of self-esteem” have an “off” button??

Oh, mum… I insist you didn’t get the better of me… you managed to coax me out of my persona, but only to defend the reason for it.

If you recall... it was “M.o.m” that became obsessed with the “ronnie” persona, throwing the thread into a tangent of personal attacks... I was merely defending the attacks.

At best it was a draw, a mutually beneficial truce, initiated by our inclination towards civility.

As we both know (don't lie), and as forum history has it (look it up), I never held up any white flags. Wink In fact I'm still willing to discuss my abhorrence towards Religion, sans personal attacks of course Wink

So you see, “M.o.m” doesn’t always know best. Wink

But we still love ya!

Ps. Ron Paul 2012!!

NEW ALBUM!! CLICK HERE!
cjdaley
Forum Full Member

Thursday, December 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM CST

There are formulas for calculating value in long-term investments (which require allowing for inflation). I will be happy to send them to you if you'd like to see them.

On the subject of 'diversifying', the very best investment strategy I've ever seen is Harry Browne's 'Bulletproof Portfolio' from his book, "Fail Safe investing":
http://www.trendsaction.com/books/HarryBrowne/FailSafeInvesting/index.php?ulaCartSID=EHJUrJjVkUcawwQerfJlbqEBT1258162576
It is very simple, needs monitoring only once a year, and shows a historical increase in value of roughly 9% per year. You won't make a killing with it, but you will protect money you 'cannot afford to lose'.

MoM

Great, Albert Camus would be proud of you.

as above so below

Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Thursday, June 29 2017 @ 10:11 PM CDT

Whole lotta bracing going on...

😬

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango