Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Aemyn
Forum Full Member

local youth venue shut down
Tuesday, July 03 2012 @ 05:43 AM CDT

http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/story/2012/06/30/dont-stop-the-music-open-studio/

Juuuuust as my band starts to break into the local scene, the only venue that holds regular local line-ups is closed on technicalities and minor issues. They've been holding all-age, alcohol and drug-free gigs for years and someone complained to the council recently, shutting it down music-wise.

]:
.aemyn.
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Re:local youth venue shut down
Tuesday, July 03 2012 @ 10:42 AM CDT

Quote by: Aemyn
http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/story/2012/06/30/dont-stop-the-music-open-studio/

Juuuuust as my band starts to break into the local scene, the only venue that holds regular local line-ups is closed on technicalities and minor issues. They've been holding all-age, alcohol and drug-free gigs for years and someone complained to the council recently, shutting it down music-wise.

:
.aemyn.

just a thought: maybe a good approach is to try to recruit the help of the parents of the young artists. the parents might have more influence on the council. rather than doing a big rally, which could work against you, just do it one-on-one with everyone you know there. best of luck in reopening your venue!
michael2
Forum Full Member

Re:local youth venue shut down
Tuesday, July 03 2012 @ 10:11 PM CDT

when I was young san francisco didn't have a lot of places to play. we would just rent halls, rundown mexican restaurants, art galleries, auto repair shops, etc... and throw our own shows. was a lot of fun and really built up the scene. everyone was really invested. things would get shut down after awhile but it was part of the thrill.

* Post Removed *
Wednesday, July 04 2012 @ 07:35 AM CDT

* This message has been removed *