Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
davisamerica
Forum Full Member

then and now
Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 07:10 PM CDT

.... so ... MJ has offered alot of us an opportunity to grow ehh?? whot's your best before and after track? The following is mine and Terry's.

one of our basic tracks done right with a little help from some friends ...

https://www.macjams.com/song/78560

and then one of Terry's best with some help from some MJ friends...

https://www.macjams.com/song/68048

whot's yers?

I have finally figured this out but now I have forgotten what to use it for.
davisamerica
Forum Full Member

Re:then and now
Thursday, August 04 2016 @ 07:26 PM CDT

we are just so happy to be here ...how about you??

jiguma
Forum Full Member

Friday, August 05 2016 @ 07:05 AM CDT

Guys, two excellent songs - but then again I've enjoyed playing on everything we've done together. I'm still here and have no plans to leave anytime soon. Macjams has been a real life-changer for me, and the collabs I've managed to worm my way into here, and the musical friends I've made, have been a huge part of that experience.
Thanks for being such great musical company!
By the way, I'm available any time you have a need for a bass line or two.
Smile
Cheers from Oz,
Neil
jgurner
Forum Full Member

Friday, August 05 2016 @ 10:45 AM CDT

I'm here until they start turning off the lights and the bouncers drag me out. There are just too many memories, friendships and great tunes to let it go easily. The good times and bad of the last decade-plus are spread across my song page. A whole lotta nows and thens there.
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Friday, August 05 2016 @ 10:52 AM CDT

I've had the opportunity to add some touches to some fine tunes of other MacJammers during my time here, but only one remains on the site...

ejh's (Ed Hannifin) lovely Folk/Rock song, "The Song Of This World" :

Ed's original version

My embellished version

Ed's original recording stands on its own as a fine song and performance. Mine is just a re-imagining of it, on a larger scale. But it was a true pleasure to work with Ed's original creation.

Despite its growing shortcomings, I still enjoy this site, because of the friendly and generous people who freely share their music, knowledge and helpful advice. THAT part of MacJams STILL works very well and makes it a unique pleasure. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
davisamerica
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 07 2016 @ 05:09 PM CDT

DeputyDoofy
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 13 2016 @ 10:58 PM CDT

Quote by: jgurner
I'm here until they start turning off the lights and the bouncers drag me out. There are just too many memories, friendships and great tunes to let it go easily. The good times and bad of the last decade-plus are spread across my song page. A whole lotta nows and thens there.

So much this! Smile
MarkHolbrook
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 27 2016 @ 07:09 PM CDT

I miss the then. I've not been able to do music for a while but then again I never did music very well so perhaps everyone is breathing a sigh of relief.

I miss what was and wish it could go back but time changes many things and many of us have moved on. Some still linger and wait for the place to go dark. I still check and hope that things will get better both for myself and MacJams.

I tried many ways to support this place and never was successful. Now I just check in and and hope people still welcome me.

Wherever you go, there you are!
DeputyDoofy
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM CDT

Beat 'Em Down is probably one of my best tracks. Everything just kind of fell together.

Sad to see that this place continues to die a slow death, but I am glad it's still here and can check in with people.

I know that not everyone here is a Facebook fan, but everyone is still invited to come to our "Mac To The Future" group (if you are on Facebook). It's not a music-oriented page, but a Mac one. Still, I've harassed them with my music. We also have a few people from here and iComp, so I'm trying. Razz

Regardless, I'm a MacJammer until the day this place disappears and, even then, it's been a large part of my computing/internet life. Won't be forgotten.

Mark, I wish I could have done more with you on your site, but real life, being a father of two, full time work, etc. steals so much time.

Thankfully, my PHP and jquery have gotten much better and so many things I used to do here can be done so much easier and more efficiently now. Of course, these types of communities are fading. It isn't 2004 anymore. Frown

No more depressing statements. I will close with:

I am a huge Doofy!

MarkHolbrook
Forum Full Member

Sunday, August 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM CDT

Quote by: DeputyDoofy
Beat 'Em Down is probably one of my best tracks. Everything just kind of fell together.

Sad to see that this place continues to die a slow death, but I am glad it's still here and can check in with people.

I know that not everyone here is a Facebook fan, but everyone is still invited to come to our "Mac To The Future" group (if you are on Facebook). It's not a music-oriented page, but a Mac one. Still, I've harassed them with my music. We also have a few people from here and iComp, so I'm trying. Razz

Regardless, I'm a MacJammer until the day this place disappears and, even then, it's been a large part of my computing/internet life. Won't be forgotten.

Mark, I wish I could have done more with you on your site, but real life, being a father of two, full time work, etc. steals so much time.

Thankfully, my PHP and jquery have gotten much better and so many things I used to do here can be done so much easier and more efficiently now. Of course, these types of communities are fading. It isn't 2004 anymore. Frown

No more depressing statements. I will close with:

I am a huge Doofy!

Some sites are fading. I think this one could endure if the creators simply realized this and allowed it to grow and attracted help and sponsorship.

Membership will always change that one cannot control, but the ability create and share music on a site such as this will live for a long time. Too bad the creators didn't take an interest or this could be something really more cool than it is.

Anyway I think I've shared my email with just about everyone. But if not:

markholbrook@fastmail.net

I'm not afraid to post it here as my use of the delete key is pretty damned good. Anyway if you want to stay in touch and MJ goes dark, drop me an email... We'll figure something out.

M

Wherever you go, there you are!