Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Drak & Einarus in Iceland!
Saturday, March 04 2017 @ 07:35 PM CST

Drakonis just flew to Iceland to have lunch with the amazing film-music-composer Einarus in wintery Reykjavik! Well, and to have a little vacation searching for waterfalls and geysers and Northern Lights and the mid-Atlantic rift.
Check out Einar's great music here:
www.macjams.com/artist/einarus
Check out my music here:
www.macjams.com/artist/drakonis
And... Drak offers his coveted Macjams t-shirt to Einar as well, so it shall now live in the magic land of fire and ice! If you are wondering who is who... Einar is the tall handsome one.

MacJams-Reykjavik

What a grand lunch we had together, thanks Einar! And of all the days in the year, we chose the Icelandic "Bun Day" to have lunch, so we got free dessert-buns too! Bun day is one of many many fun things we learned about!

Now to edit down the Gigabytes of photos and videos I took of Iceland! What a great little vacation!

ttfn,
Drakonis
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Re:Drak & Einarus in Iceland!
Sunday, March 05 2017 @ 10:07 AM CST

How cool... cold... frigid? is that? Always nice to see MJ'ers meet in Real Life. Good to see both you and Einarus are looking well. Splendid!

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
drakonis
Forum Full Member

Sunday, March 05 2017 @ 10:38 AM CST

Quote by: J.A.Stewart

How cool... cold... frigid? is that? Always nice to see MJ'ers meet in Real Life. Good to see both you and Einarus are looking well. Splendid!

It took many years for us to get over to Iceland, but the sheer gravity of all that volcanic/glacial/geyser/coastal geology (and finally getting some vacation time) drew us there. Interestingly, it is in the warm gulf stream and doesn't go much below freezing in the Winter, so it is warmer than New York or Minnesota... and Mrs. Drak knitted me up that sweater and some leg-warmers and mittens (from her own hand-spun wool) so I stayed quite warm. I learned a great old Norwegian saying... "There is no bad weather, only bad clothing." Einar has now written music for two full-length films (second one is about to come out), as well as the music for that Iceland volcano documentary DVD we bought years ago.

I should have Iceland pix up sometime soon on my flickr site, and hopefully some video footage later on Youtube/Vimeo.

GoPro is working me hard, but it is quite a fun and exciting company (3 years now!)

ttfn,
Drakonis
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Monday, March 06 2017 @ 11:12 AM CST

Quote by: drakonis
Quote by: J.A.Stewart

It took many years for us to get over to Iceland, but the sheer gravity of all that volcanic/glacial/geyser/coastal geology (and finally getting some vacation time) drew us there. Interestingly, it is in the warm gulf stream and doesn't go much below freezing in the Winter, so it is warmer than New York or Minnesota... and Mrs. Drak knitted me up that sweater and some leg-warmers and mittens (from her own hand-spun wool) so I stayed quite warm. I learned a great old Norwegian saying... "There is no bad weather, only bad clothing." Einar has now written music for two full-length films (second one is about to come out), as well as the music for that Iceland volcano documentary DVD we bought years ago.

I should have Iceland pix up sometime soon on my flickr site, and hopefully some video footage later on Youtube/Vimeo.

GoPro is working me hard, but it is quite a fun and exciting company (3 years now!)

ttfn,
Drakonis

Sorry for my *intemperat(ur)e* remarks regarding Iceland. I am aware of the misconceptions caused by its name.

Friends of mine took a weekend getaway to Iceland a couple of years ago and had a great time and took lots of photos... very colorful and quaint. I'll look forward to seeing your photos and video.

It's good to hear that young Einar has been so productive and successful in his music-making efforts. Here's wishing him continued success. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
richard13
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, March 07 2017 @ 09:36 AM CST

Good to see you both looking well. How cool to be able to visit such an amazing country, and to have a friend there.

Congrats on the three years, and give Mrs. Drak a hug. From me or you, just do it ;-)

awigze
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, March 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM CDT

O wow! total envy on my part.

Music is the master link in the chain of the tribes of mankind! -SloParts
and so it goes...

drakonis
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, March 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM CDT

Quote by: awigze
O wow! total envy on my part.

Oh, but wait until you see the pictures, and the cool double-erupting geyser video!
Flickr Pix (double-click picture to see captions underneath):https://flic.kr/s/aHskQzv2gA
YouTube video:https://youtu.be/PwHadBL0Tvs

(Some may recognize "Retreat of the Dragons" music in the video by Mark Holbrook and me!)