Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Winning Attitude
Tuesday, September 26 2017 @ 11:45 AM CDT

Mahshid says...

"I missed my connecting flight in Charlotte, and I didn't want to sit in anger all night long, so instead I did what makes me happiest...DANCE!!!! Oh, and I made some really great friends along the way! Thank you for dancing your troubles away with me!!! Smile "

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
mike_d
Forum Full Member

Re:Winning Attitude
Tuesday, September 26 2017 @ 12:42 PM CDT

I've witness some spectacularly poor behavior by passengers "inconvenienced " by bad weather. I watched one guy get hauled off in handcuffs for yelling at a gate agent. Like she has any control over the weather. What an asshat that guy was.

I wish every air traveler took delays in stride. I have a lot in common with airline pilots- we prefer to arrive alive at the destination.

Of course, not all missed connections/delays are weather related. If I'm going to arrive late while they apply more duct tape to the wing, I'd still prefer to make it to my destination in one piece.

If I can't fix it, it ain't broke Smiley

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:Winning Attitude
Tuesday, September 26 2017 @ 07:07 PM CDT

The one and only time that I have been truly scared on an airplane was on an aborted approach to the old Denver airport.   (It was then that I learned to never take an afternoon flight to Denver!)   The plane was on final approach, bumping like hell, when I suddenly heard the engines rev-up to Takeoff Thrust, and the plane pulled out.

With visions of “wind shear” dancing in my head ... a few years before, wind shear had knocked such a plane right out of the sky ... I thought how utterly nice it would be if we simply went somewhere else.   Seattle, perhaps.   New York.   Tokyo?

But the pilot decided to make one more attempt, and it’ the one-and-only time that I have experienced a landing with the engines wide-open.   That pilot came roaring in and he stuck it(!) to the runway.   We were the last plane to land before they closed the airport.

He seemed very patient as every passenger, one after another, kissed his feet ...   (Hey, why not give those two people a $175,000-a-year raise?   I don’t mind ...)