Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
FatherTime
Forum Junior

question about this site
Tuesday, October 31 2017 @ 05:07 PM CDT

They won't let me upload unless I answer Creative Commons question, what if I don't want to subject song to Creative Commons?
kingbee
Forum Full Member

Re:question about this site
Wednesday, November 01 2017 @ 02:09 AM CDT

I think you have to. It's part of the legal agreement that lets your music into the public domain,
Why don't you want to do it?
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 01 2017 @ 10:30 AM CDT

The artist/site admin agreement specifies why one would be desirous of the agreement. You can read that disclaimer when you post.
Additionally, you can read about the publication rules and rights online in many places besides here at MacJams. The arrangement here is not unique.
Father, you are an old timer online. Hard to fathom the question coming from you.
Are you really Father Time? A long time history posting online, like you have, belies your knowing the deal. Hum...

Daug
Loob
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 01 2017 @ 10:52 AM CDT

One thing you should consider is that you can indeed disable the download option. I will have to look closer at which option that is, because I rarely disable download.

zzzzzzzzz
Loob
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 01 2017 @ 10:53 AM CDT

You can opt to have "restricted rights", and if you do the download option is disabled (just in case this makes a difference to you).

zzzzzzzzz
alley-oop
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 01 2017 @ 10:57 AM CDT

I wouldn't sweat it.....
alley-oop
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 01 2017 @ 10:58 AM CDT

I wouldn't sweat it.....
FatherTime
Forum Junior

Wednesday, November 01 2017 @ 05:04 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
The artist/site admin agreement specifies why one would be desirous of the agreement. You can read that disclaimer when you post.
Additionally, you can read about the publication rules and rights online in many places besides here at MacJams. The arrangement here is not unique.
Father, you are an old timer online. Hard to fathom the question coming from you.
Are you really Father Time? A long time history posting online, like you have, belies your knowing the deal. Hum...

Daug

well I know what it is, I just don't want to come off as seeming like I encourage somebody to use my songs. I opted out of downloads already, still I will choose my collab partners myself, you know?
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 01 2017 @ 05:53 PM CDT

Quote by: FatherTime
Quote by: Daugrin

Daug

well I know what it is, I just don't want to come off as seeming like I encourage somebody to use my songs. I opted out of downloads already, still I will choose my collab partners myself, you know?

I recognize the tense language in your post. You're the real Father all right. I am pleased you were not an imposter, I would have had to find a way to alert you of phishing or something like that...
Controlling your music by limiting the download option works for lots of reasons. The creative common license is an important consideration as well. I would recommend you read the agree/disclaimer carefully.
There are many artists here capable of borrowing your ideas without a download option, it's just something I don't imagine will come up in your case, there are lots of artists here that collaborate. I hope you will try some.

Daug

FatherTime
Forum Junior

Wednesday, November 01 2017 @ 06:03 PM CDT

I can't believe you even recognize my artist name. okay I guess I was kinda well known back in 2002 but I've felt invisible for years at this point. Smile