Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author

Re:AngrySiteKeeps Getting Worse
Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 08:07 AM CDT

Nope. Never said that. But some darn fine musicians frequent this site. And anyone who owns GB can have some fun and be a part of something that can allow people to express themselves in ways they never could before. Then, share the fun at MacJams, get some opinions and advice, and just maybe, it'll be the spark of inspiration that motivates them to become musicians. In a world where there's so many negative influences, GB is a constructive hobby IMHO. And, to the credit of the brains behind it, MJs is an extension of that.
MissChaos
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 10:01 AM CDT

Okay, fair enough Basse. But you have to be prepared to back up your assertions. So here's what I propose: You write a song called "Not Boring" (or something similar), and if you can get each and every member here at MacJams to say that it isn't boring, then we as a musicians community will induct you as the Honorary Official Judge of Not Boring Songs. But until then, your opinion is just as subjected to scrutiny as all of the other MUSICIANS here. If you have an overwhelming need to insult or wave off your feelings of jealousy, get a dog.

[insert something witty here]

Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 11:08 AM CDT

GarageBand is empowerment for a long-time singer and musician like myself. I compare it to the appearance of Adobe Photoshop in the graphics/prepress industry. The ability to retouch digital images, which had previously been the domain of service bureaus with high priced Scitex scanners, was suddenly made available to visual artists at a very affordable price. From that point forward, I was in control of the imagery that became a part of my print designs. Same with GarageBand: Now I can "comp up" music like I had never been able to -- because I have never had more than a few bucks to spend on music recording and production. So, for this 52-year-old fart, GB is not a toy that has suddenly made me a musician. GarageBand is a facilitator, a virtual band that can help me realize personal rhythms and melodies that have been in my head for years -- stretching all the way back to my soulful years in college where I found expression with a nylon string guitar and harmonica in a dark handball court.
basse
Forum Newbie

Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 11:27 AM CDT

Quote by: rschletty
GB is not a toy that has suddenly made me a musician

Now this makes sense!
-----------------------------
And to you MissChaos: It is obvious that you take all this personal. And that tells me a lot...

Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 11:27 AM CDT

Richard,
An apt analogy (Photo Shop). And this site is a great meeting place to share ideas, get input, collaborate, have fun posting recordings, and pursue music creation.

-another 52 year old ressurrected musician
giovanni
Forum Chatty

Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 11:35 AM CDT

Hey I'm a musician! And I've got my handy-dandy OFFICIAL musician membership card to prove it! OK... It may cost me $365 a year (that's only the low low price of $1 a day!) but it's all worth it since whenever anyone questions my legitimacy or even suggests that I'm not a musician... I just tell 'em to back off and pull out my membership card. That usually shuts them up.

Check out my first music video: Ready To Brew!
MissChaos
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 11:47 AM CDT

Personal? Well no, in fact. Quite the contrary. If you were an accomplished musician or musicologist, then I may be slightly offended. Just curious to see how you back up your words. So are you going to confirm your abiltiy to judge songs by posting a profound and awe-inspiring song, or what? If you know so much about judging music, let's see how the MacJams community is overwhelmed by your un-boring musical abilities. You've piqued my curiosity. I'm a curious gal. Twisted Evil

deputydoofy
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 11:48 AM CDT

Quote by: CandyandPolice
Im reaaaallly startin to get pissed cuz alotta people on this site dont really have talent.All they do is sit around, put some stupid loops together and then they think they have some kinda masterpiece.Not to mention its always the same people who vote for each other and have songs in the genre of "Open Collaboration" or something stupid like that.Hey, look, im making a song by pencil tooling stuff in.There is a very small minority left that actually RECORDS THEMSELVES.Its just so angering that all these people think they have talent but really they just dont have a life.So, to wrap it up, THIS SITE AND ITS LOOP SONGS SUCKS.However, if it wasnt for garageband, we would not have a drum track or be able to record it so thank you people of GarageBand and the people who actually WORKED to come up with and PLAY them.THEY are the ones with talent, not you.

I wish I had an audio of this. I could splice it into MANY LOOPS and make it into a new song. Doofy wants to slit his own throat now because he only uses loops. Razz
basse
Forum Newbie

Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 11:55 AM CDT

Quote by: MissChaos
If you were an accomplished musician or musicologist, then I may be slightly offended.

How do you know I'm not?
Rolling Eyes

MissChaos
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, September 21 2004 @ 11:57 AM CDT

Quote by: basse
Quote by: MissChaos
If you were an accomplished musician or musicologist, then I may be slightly offended.

How do you know I'm not?
Rolling Eyes

Ha! Well if your roster of songs is any indication... Eek!