Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Normal
Forum Regular Poster

Re:AngrySiteKeeps Getting Worse
Thursday, September 23 2004 @ 01:34 AM CDT

Quote by: CandyandPolice
WOOOO!! AMERICAN IDIOT IS FINALLY OOT AND ABOOT AND IT IS THE ONLY THING IM LISTENING TO! THE CD IS THE GREATEST THING IVE EVER HEARD! THAT, AND IM FINALLY GOIN TO THEIR CONCERT ON THE 30TH OF THE OCTOBERISH MONTH! GREENDAY AMERICAN IDIOT, GIVE IT A LISTEN OR TWO AND BUY BUY BUY DAMN YOU, BUY!

Wooo!! No Sleep Demon 2.0 is finally out and about (er, yeah) and I didn't buy it yet. Or the new Seabound album. [edit: I did get a concert t-shirt however
But they are pretty damn good. I went to their concert in Frankfurt last night and still managed to get up for PT at 5 AM this morning. Give synth-pop a chance. It's good... especially that new Infacted compilation. Er, buy damn you, buy!

Oh, sorry... something came over me. Crap, I gotta go to work now. Off to sweep a hangar floor or something. Maybe stand around and smoke. I wonder when I get to do aircraft maintenance again? Silly Army and their no real work for 90 days after a 15 month deployment thingy. Oh, well...

I use loops and original loops... I mean I write loops to go along with a prefab loop here and there. Yeah, I still think I'm a musician. Is that ok?

-Normal "That's not a halo. Someone was playing ring toss with my horns."
mcsweb
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 23 2004 @ 05:47 AM CDT

Quote by: Dadai
Comment on other's songs. Ask for comments. I for one would respond to that.

Bingo! We just covered that very topic on the forum Listening/Comment Exchange... Check it out...
mcsweb
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 23 2004 @ 06:09 AM CDT

Quote by: _nderscore
while i COMPLETELY understand your frustration (C&P's as well), what about the GB newbies? what about the person who just put together some 'cool' new songs using their newfangled apple software, joins up with macjams, & posts them? where's the excitement for them-why would they want to stick around?

Where's the luv, right? I hear ya. My take is that, by all means use pre-fabs to create songs and learn the craft. Maybe be a little slow to upload them for review until you have something really worthwhile. When you do, don't expect high scores for song content and originality, if you're using pre-fabs. That would be like submitting a paint-by-numbers painting to an art contest and expecting to win or at least place, don't you think? My advice to newbies is to submit songs EXPECTING low marks and constructive criticism until they start to put something together that is both more substantial and original. Is that fair?

Quote by: _nderscore
if there is one problem with this site, it's the lack of feedback-votes, comments or otherwise. just hit some links to people that you don't recognize.. you'll see what i mean. it's one thing to blow off people who have been around for awhile, but i think the aspiring new folks should get a chance for feedback & a little cheerleading as well. might just make a difference

i'm just asking for people to pay attention, take a risk every once in a while, & give a little Wink

This is a great point. I started a forum called Listening/Comment Exchange that deals with the topic. Bottom line is I feel that people should give feedback to others and expect to receive like treatment. In other words, get out there and listen to and provide comments to others -- a LOT of others -- and don't be afraid to ask them to do the same for you. That's truly fair, and it's a way that anyone who is giving to the community can get some back. Here's an idea... How about if everyone who has a song here goes to each person who has left a comment for them and reviews at least one of their songs?

For what it's worth, I've listened to / commented on / and voted kindly on a stack, and I do mean a stack, of pre-fabbed songs. Check out my profile to see what I'm talking about... Smile
deputydoofy
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 23 2004 @ 12:10 PM CDT

Quote by: SlimGirlFat
Who really finds it encouraging to have a song bombed, and left with no comment?
Who will post up to this site, if they know they will get bombed immediately, just because they used loops? ( or happen to be a more prominent member)

We are not here to be "rudely" addressed on our compilations. Constructive critiques are different, they can really help an artist.

So, What was the issue to start off with?
14yr olds who have never commented or been part of the community here as far as I can see, have finally posted a comment telling us that tracks that use loops S***. (after they have had a spree, bombing lots of tracks from all sorts of artists with loops and without) for the last few months).
Sure they can sign in under lots of different names, and bomb tracks to their little hearts content., but is this acceptable behaviour?
Hey maybe we should all do that.....

Perhaps the subject we should all be addressing is "Manners".
What constitutes an acceptable comment?
Shall we all look forward to "rude" remarks on our tracks for the forseeable future?
Is it only done to well known members and those in weekly picks?

This is not a way to provide encouragement for any other user of this site, it will certainly not attract newcomers to the community if they use loops and suddenly find either"rude" comments or 1's and '2's on their tracks with no explanation.
Worst case scenario will ultimately allow the site to be viewed as a teenagers angsty bomb paradise, where anything goes,...
I think these kids know exactly what they are doing when they bomb songs and take great pleasure from it..... they are very creative with the techniques of changing the ratings and funny how it is a select few they choose to bomb...

SlimGirlFat

Slimmie, I couldn't agree more. I really think that people should have to stand behind their votes. Votes should show up as a comment, even if it's only a blank comment. That way, you know WHO votes, regardless of whether or not they felt like commenting.
This would be good because IP addresses can then be recorded and IP addresses can be compared to see if the same person is using multiple aliases to give bad ratings. This is also good because there are many evenings that I rate some songs, but don't feel like writing something on every song. At least the artist would then know I was there and left a rating. If they felt slighted, they could certainly ask me to explain my scoring.
I'm not upset in the least that my songs hover in the 5-6 range on here. I'm not expecting 10's, but some of these 3's and 4's (yes, I CAN add and average out scores when I've only gotten 2 or 3 votes) are definitely not warranted.
See, I've been out here awhile and there's nothing that can discourage me from continuing to do what I do. Newbies, on the other hand, have a much more fragile ego. Bomb them once and they may never come back. Can't have a friendly site with insurgents running through MacJams. I think one of the admins should at least consider making the votes come up as a comment to see the voter....
CandyandPolice
Forum Newbie

Thursday, September 23 2004 @ 07:48 PM CDT

WHERES MY ESSAY LONG NONSENSE THAT I WROTE LAST NIGHT!? ITS APPARENT OTHER PEOPLE SEE IT BUT NOT ME! IF SOMEONE OUT THERE LOVES ME AND CAN SEE THE GIBBERISH POST, QUOTE ME ON IT AND POST IT. AND IF YOU HATE ME, POST IT AND SAY YOU LOVE ME, MOKAY? ok then. DAH NAH NAH HEY! DANAH DAHNAH.Its great to march ta that. BESS KNEES, BEES KNEES!

CANDY MEANS YUM YUMS!!
_nderscore
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 23 2004 @ 09:35 PM CDT

mokay. well, i did my part. hey buddy-got a song for me yet!? i'm sure marching band music will fly just fine around here. use GB somehow if it works for ya
YUMMY GOO GOO BEANS!

Neutral
ivanjs
Forum Full Member

Thursday, September 23 2004 @ 10:55 PM CDT

Yeah, but did anyone notice Abba performing in the cantina at Mos Eisley on the Star Wars DVDs? That was one big change. George, what are ya thinkin? I mean, I actually like Abba, but "Mi Fernando?" What about "Does Your Mother Know?" At least it ties into the plot!

That's all I have to say about that.
ivanjs

Photoshop Tutorials: http://www.lyzrdstomp.com/

Friday, September 24 2004 @ 06:04 PM CDT

I get along real well with my high-spirited 14-year-old daughter who just started learning how to play guitar. CandyandPolice, it's time you talk more about your musical aspirations. You're in a school band, right? Is that cool or what? Send us an MP3 of your band playing. We'll respect that. We do care about you. And we do care about excessive use of loops. However, I cannot stop myself from judiciously using drum kit loops, bass guitar loops, and percussion loops. They are a necessary part of my development as a songwriter and vocalist. Without GarageBand, I am nothing.

Please stop dissin' MacJams.
ronnielong
Forum Full Member

Saturday, September 25 2004 @ 03:20 AM CDT

HEY LOOK I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS TOO!! WOW THIS IS FUN.....Holy sh*t dude....listen up...I DON"T CARE ABOUT YOU!!!! I thought you were outta here....why are you still here??? Yeah I know, your 14, you can't get your Mom to drive you to the mall, so you sit on the internet all night-right? HOwever, you do got ONE thing right- Green Day's new album Kicks Major Ass!! Did you pick up the latest from NOFX? The War on Errorism? Pick it up!! Buy BUy Buy...you won't be sorry. And OH Yeah...Candy is good.....but BEER is BETTER. Now go AWAY! ANd getcha DAMN finga outs ya nose hole B*TCH!!!!! hahahahahahahaha.....

NEW ALBUM!! CLICK HERE!

CandyandPolice
Forum Newbie

Saturday, September 25 2004 @ 11:58 PM CDT

I did leave. I just never shut up. That and I wanna annoy the people here since i dont care anymore. Ive had beer and its nasty. OMG YOU HAD BEER? YOU'RE ONLY 14! No, i tasted beer. And it all tastes the same. Sam Adams, LowenBrou(however the eff you spell it ) Molsen Ice, its all nasty. But i guess it is an "accuired" taste for millions or perhaps "billions". See you oldsters and college dudes i hope never. YOU'RE ALL WHINEY. and for the fun of it, POOOOOP.

CANDY MEANS YUM YUMS!!