Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Alannah
Forum Full Member

Re:AngrySiteKeeps Getting Worse
Sunday, January 08 2006 @ 07:35 PM CST

DON'T GO TO PAGE 20 unless you want a flying litle popup of nose picker flying around on your computer .... I do not like PLUGINS Sam I AM !!!!!!!!!!!!
caroline
Forum Full Member

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire - glos-ter-sh - United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 21 2006 @ 05:17 AM CST

OMG!!!

i was hissing myself laughing at page 5 - i lost the will to live at page 11 - couldn't believe how it ran and ran!! 28 pages!!! marvellous!!!

so what the hey - Weigh! Hey!! Up she rises! and YES!!!

it's a pimp!!! would one of you lovely geeks make a link for me - pleease xox

http://www.macjams.com/artist/caroline

and..

i am just about to go loopy myself!!!

The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo. Sir Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters
loyd vader
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, February 21 2006 @ 06:03 AM CST

i agree that using pre-written loops is fairly lame......but in some instances (spoken word artists for example), it can be the only way an artist can add the required atmosphere or whatever........i step edit each individual beat withtin a bar but then if a verse for example is 4 bars long. then ill loop that bar of beats that ive written. be it with sounds that i didnt make (native instruments) or samples i make myself (tambourine, hitting various things around the house, etc) i still refrain from using entire pre-written loops as it would take me ages to get exactly what i was looking for, so its easier to make the beat myself.
then i PLAY bass, guitar and attempt to sing over the drum track......so due to this i feel that i forget that people do use these loop things entirely to make a track......
i just go with the old fashioned notion that if i like the sound of it, then i like the sound of it and dont care how it was created.
as for the whole teenage thing.......................not music related so no comment.

\m/\m/

Friday, April 28 2006 @ 06:06 AM CDT

I have found all kinds of talent on MJ. Just like music, not all genres appeal to everyone. But, there's some serious sh*t here. Loops, no loops, so what?
SlimGirlFat
Forum Full Member

Friday, April 28 2006 @ 06:38 AM CDT

Rolling Eyes

This thread is over a YEAR old

"YAWN"

Maybe there should be an option to lock it ....
There is no point in making more comments
It has been well and truly hashed to bits...

"Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible adult."
deputydoofy
Forum Full Member

Friday, April 28 2006 @ 08:38 AM CDT

Yay - this thread again.

Friday, April 28 2006 @ 08:39 AM CDT

No, seriously.
borisluxx
Forum Full Member

Friday, April 28 2006 @ 11:37 AM CDT

Quote by: packosmokes
And if you want to find alot of terribly boring music, consult your local music store's shelf.

Besides, online temper tantrums are much easier to listen to. Razz

I whole-heartedly agree with you on this one. It is for this exact reason I don't bother to even step foot into a music store anymore. I personaly feel that MacJams can offer everyone a variety of music that is truly one-of-a-kind. I really dislike when radio stations and record lables etc. etc. force-feed us a bunch of junk. Playing the same song to death is another rant/problem/pet peave. I speak in terms of radio stations doing this, of course. I just had to add a little something to this thread. Cheers!

-Boris Luxx

Boris Luxx™ - 'The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.' -- Albert Einstein
borisluxx
Forum Full Member

Friday, April 28 2006 @ 11:48 AM CDT

Quote by: TrashCan Alley
And with that, we bid u adue.Oh and yea i lied aboot that being the last comment

If I'm not mistaken, the proper spelling of good-bye in French is "adieu". One can also say "au revoir". Although, what do I know? I'm just a parent.
Cheers!

-Boris Luxx

Boris Luxx™ - 'The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.' -- Albert Einstein

composerclark
Forum Full Member

Thursday, June 15 2006 @ 06:55 PM CDT

Quote by: deputydoofy
Yay - this thread again.

Well, Eric Clapton's solo on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is pretty good, to be sure, but I'm not sure it kicks ass as much as that Hawiian Uekulele player's version of the same tune, you know, the guy whose video everyone's been talking about? Anyway, Global Warming wouldn't be happening if it weren't for loops, and that's a fact. Also, the voting system should really be overhauled, and pronto, although really, it's pretty good the way it is, so never mind.