Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Ejh
Forum Full Member

Re:AngrySiteKeeps Getting Worse
Friday, June 16 2006 @ 06:03 PM CDT

Quote by: composerclark
Quote by: Doadars Uncle
Is there such thing as an affordable toaster that works? We've been having terrible luck with them over the past few years!

I'm not sure if these are affordable, or even if they work, but they clearly can fly and tell time, sort of. Also, there are seven toasters pictured, and seven is an important number in the BIble. I suspect your luck would change with one of these.

Interestingly enough, neither Eric Clapton nor James Blunt (indredibly!) appear on this record. And yet, they both play guitar!!!. Kind of makes you wonder, don't it?

Just for that, you're on my 'fav' list...

Ed

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn
composerclark
Forum Full Member

Friday, June 16 2006 @ 06:15 PM CDT

Quote by: Ejh
Just for that, you're on my 'fav' list...

Ed

Right back at ya!
composerclark
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 05:45 AM CDT

1. I can't believe people won't let this thread die! Is the bump-battle versus the brand-name shoe and sunglass sellers worth resuscitating bad threads that won't stay dead? People! Please!

2. Hey! Who wrecked the formatting of this great thread?

3. I think everyone here is angry because they're jealous of the thing between Eric Clapton and Lisa. There. I've said it. Where do these rumours start, anyway? Why can't we all just get along? (Add whiny inflection to the last sentence to grasp its full meaning.)
peacepiano
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 08:34 AM CDT

I'll have cheese with that whine.

"1. I can't believe people won't let this thread die! Is the bump-battle versus the brand-name shoe and sunglass sellers worth resuscitating bad threads that won't stay dead? People! Please!"

The format is a little messed up. I can't see any post's before yours, from this year.

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 09:14 AM CDT

Quote by: basse
Quote by: Skipper
Macjams is a free and valuable resource for musicians.

So anyone who owns a copy of GarageBand is a musician?

I don't think so.

i think EVERYONE who turns garageband on is a musician. it is elitist and arrogant to think that just because you have an amp and a guitar on your back you are any better than a person who creates music.
loops? i use looped-based drums. can i play drums? probably. do i want to mess with buying a 700 dollar low end kit, then 1000 dollars worht of mic and mixer equipment just to get it to my computer? do i need to then purchase a 3000 dollar top end mac to run it all, so you can think i am a musician?!?
when i started playing guitar, all i had was what i could get my hands on, and a fostex 4 track meant you had a recording studio.
technology has allowed even my 10 year old son the opportunity to sit down with his 3/4 scale mini strat and make a whole song in about an hour or so.
EVERYONE who has the balls to sit down and try is a musician.
EVERYONE who can take 5 of the same loops and make 25 different songs is a musician.
not everyone can play an instrument. not everyone can sing.. but it should not stop them from being creative in thier hearts.
how many schools have music anymore? when i went to high school in the 80's we could take an actual guitar class...you cannot do that anymore. you can pay some yngwie wannabe 40 dollas a pop to sit there and dazzle you with his b.s., but you can't just got to school and do music anymore. now you want to shut out everyone else?
now you want to say it is not ok to experiment and be creative?
perhaps those who loop today play tomorrow? perhaps they are the future?

it sickens me to see such negativity in this world based upon being creative. i applaud EVERY SINGLE PERSON who tries to use any recording program for any purpose whatsoever....

oh, and if you want to test my creativity or talent, just look me up.
Allen Dean, one man band, and one hell of a musician, supporter of all loopers and creative peeples!!!!!!

rjamadeus
Forum Regular Poster

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 10:50 AM CDT

some threads are meant to be kept alive i guess, by the way where did "candyasspolice" go. i haven't seen any of his clever comebacks in a while, guess the children can't hang with the bigdogs after all.
we are all musicians here ( who are submitting and creating) whether we use loops or raw instruments. we all have our levels of creativity and imagination. i wonder what mozart or bach would think of ac/dc. it's like comparing real instruments to loops. they all have their place and are useful in this creative atmosphere.
i think we should all focus now on more important things like making sure "ledbutants eyes" thread becomes the longest thread in mcjams history ! eric clapton has 298 comments so we have a lot of work to do guy's...and girls ( no children aloud )
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 11:25 AM CDT

Quote by: composerclark
2. Hey! Who wrecked the formatting of this great thread?

Why won't the owners of this site fix an issue that's been there since the beginning?

Let's see if it still works.....

Nope. Hm. Maybe it has been fixed.

Victor.

PS nope.

-- My CD.

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 12:15 PM CDT

Quote by: CandyandPolice
Im reaaaallly startin to get pissed cuz alotta people on this site dont really have talent.All they do is sit around, put some stupid loops together and then they think they have some kinda masterpiece.Not to mention its always the same people who vote for each other and have songs in the genre of "Open Collaboration" or something stupid like that.Hey, look, im making a song by pencil tooling stuff in.There is a very small minority left that actually RECORDS THEMSELVES.Its just so angering that all these people think they have talent but really they just dont have a life.So, to wrap it up, THIS SITE AND ITS LOOP SONGS SUCKS.However, if it wasnt for garageband, we would not have a drum track or be able to record it so thank you people of GarageBand and the people who actually WORKED to come up with and PLAY them.THEY are the ones with talent, not you.

You must be 8 going on 10

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 12:30 PM CDT

Quote by: egobandit
Quote by: CandyandPolice
Im reaaaallly startin to get pissed cuz alotta people on this site dont really have talent.All they do is sit around, put some stupid loops together and then they think they have some kinda masterpiece.Not to mention its always the same people who vote for each other and have songs in the genre of "Open Collaboration" or something stupid like that.Hey, look, im making a song by pencil tooling stuff in.There is a very small minority left that actually RECORDS THEMSELVES.Its just so angering that all these people think they have talent but really they just dont have a life.So, to wrap it up, THIS SITE AND ITS LOOP SONGS SUCKS.However, if it wasnt for garageband, we would not have a drum track or be able to record it so thank you people of GarageBand and the people who actually WORKED to come up with and PLAY them.THEY are the ones with talent, not you.

You must be 8 going on 10

i think this candyandpolice kid is a pencil tool.

deputydoofy
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, July 04 2007 @ 11:21 PM CDT

Hi. My name is Doofy and I'm an Angry...Site...Keeps Getting Worse-holic.

I love this thread.