Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
PrototypeEightyOne
Forum Full Member

Cubase Forum
Thursday, November 27 2008 @ 11:21 AM CST

I notice that cubase is neglected among the grp of DAWS yet it is a very powerful software. I believe cubase can be used on a MAC as well which leaves me wondering why there is no cubase forum.

Being a cubase user and a happy one at that, i believe it should have a forum up here on Mac Jams..Consider this my petition. Looking for Co-signers...Thanks and keep it mind Mods.

A Lone Wolf in a Vast Universe.
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Re:Cubase Forum
Thursday, November 27 2008 @ 11:34 AM CST

I don't think anyone pays attention to the forums here. At least I just look at the list of posts; I never go to any specific forum.

If you have a question about Cubase, just post it. I'm not sure how much response you'll get. There are official forums at steinberg.net.

I used cubase ages ago. Around version 3 or so. (Actually, I used Pro24 in a really distant past.) But it started to hang my Mac if I overloaded the CPU, and not even a complete reinstall solved that. That's when I switched to Logic. I never looked back.

Victor.

-- My CD.

* Post Removed *
Thursday, November 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM CST

* This message has been removed *
jiguma
Forum Full Member

Thursday, November 27 2008 @ 02:52 PM CST

The guys I play with on weekends and such use Cubase with a Presonus FireStudio to record songs at rehearsals. Maybe its a good DAW, but it has taken months to get working correctly (lack of instructions with the Presonus) and seems way too confusing to use for the results you get.

Logic Pro (to me at least) is much more intuitive to use. Maybe if you're stuck in the PC world its a good DAW, but for me Logic Pro 8 on a powerful Mac is the proverbial "bee's knees".

Cheers,
Neil
Cool
jamorama
Forum Full Member

Thursday, November 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM CST

Quote by: VicDiesel
I don't think anyone pays attention to the forums here. At least I just look at the list of posts; I never go to any specific forum.

If you have a question about Cubase, just post it. I'm not sure how much response you'll get. There are official forums at steinberg.net.

I used cubase ages ago. Around version 3 or so. (Actually, I used Pro24 in a really distant past.) But it started to hang my Mac if I overloaded the CPU, and not even a complete reinstall solved that. That's when I switched to Logic. I never looked back.

Victor.

PrototypeEightyOne, Vic is right. BUT you can search MJ's forums -- just use cubase as the keyword (the search window is at the top of this page -- I hope) and you should see past posts about cubase. I have seen occasional discussions here on the topic --- I use Cubase LE on a Presonus Firepod.

quave
Forum Junior

Friday, November 28 2008 @ 01:56 AM CST

I have been using Cubase for a longtime and it works for me.As with any DAW once you got the hang of it you're good to go. I use Cubase with reason rewire , the combination works really well. My advice is stick with it if you're comfortable , just because the next guy bangs on on how great certain DAW is , does not mean it would be good for you.

If you cant beat the computer at chess , try kickboxing