Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
particledots
Forum Full Member

Re:Brace for Impact
Monday, April 24 2017 @ 11:40 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

Day one. Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/24/525444099/state-department-website-features-trumps-for-profit-club-mar-a-lago
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 25 2017 @ 07:43 AM CDT

Quote by: particledots
http://www.npr.org/2017/04/24/525444099/state-department-website-features-trumps-for-profit-club-mar-a-lago

Thanks, Bryn. I saw this yesterday. Pretty astounding and obvious corruption....

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn "But the Buddha never asked us to be nonattached to the world. He just asked us to be
particledots
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 25 2017 @ 08:12 AM CDT

Day one. Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08ntbpm/panorama-trumps-first-100-days
davisamerica
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 25 2017 @ 06:07 PM CDT

Bryn
All these posts do not work in USA

I have finally figured this out but now I have forgotten what to use it for.
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 26 2017 @ 01:28 PM CDT

Quote by: davisamerica
Bryn
All these posts do not work in USA

I think it's just the BBC iPlayer...Could be wrong...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn "But the Buddha never asked us to be nonattached to the world. He just asked us to be
particledots
Forum Full Member

Sunday, April 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM CDT

Daug

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/29/trump-blames-constitution-for-first-100-days-chaos-presidency
particledots
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 02 2017 @ 01:02 PM CDT

Daug

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 03 2017 @ 05:55 PM CDT

Y’know, I just kinda-sorta get impatient when this sort of thing continues, more than a hundred days after the Inauguration.

I did not vote for him either.   (And, I also did not vote for you-know-who.)   However, at the end of the day, this man was the one who was “duly Elected, fair and square,” to become:   The One-Person “Executive Branch” Of The United States Government.™

Granted, he is unlike any and every other President that this country has ever had.   Granted, he is therefore taking an approach to the Office that no previous Officeholder has ever used.   Granted, the Media and a bunch of other people have not yet figured out what makes him tick and how to work with him.   (Hint:   You don’t become a billionaire in Real Estate without being a savage negotiator ...)   But, he is ... “The Officeholder!”

Whether you think that he is the person that the American People ought to have chosen, the fact remains that he is the one that they did(!) choose.

Therefore, the time has long since passed for these people to still be complaining, to still be dreaming about someone who didn’t win, and, in general, to be besmirching or even mocking the Officeholder who actually sits in that proverbial hot-seat.

There comes a time, I think, when this becomes “insulting The Office,” which maybe is not that too-far removed from “burning a flag.”   (Just sayin’ ...)   Anyway, “enough is enough is enough.”

It is time to get down to the business of Governance ... which is the real job ... and, to those all-important ends, you must(!) deal with “the President that you’ve actually got.”   The time for complaining and belly-aching is over.

The American People did not elect a professional politician this time.   Neither did they elect a retired General.   They made a choice unlike any and every choice that this Country has ever before made.   But, maybe, just maybe, they did it for a reason, and this choice must be respected.

Even if one despises – or, does not – the present Officeholder, there is still:   the Office, itself.   The loneliest job on Planet Earth.
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 03 2017 @ 09:00 PM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
Y’know, I just kinda-sorta get impatient when this sort of thing continues, more than a hundred days after the Inauguration.

I did not vote for him either.   (And, I also did not vote for you-know-who.)   However, at the end of the day, this man was the one who was “duly Elected, fair and square,” to become:   The One-Person “Executive Branch” Of The United States Government.™

Granted, he is unlike any and every other President that this country has ever had.   Granted, he is therefore taking an approach to the Office that no previous Officeholder has ever used.   Granted, the Media and a bunch of other people have not yet figured out what makes him tick and how to work with him.   (Hint:   You don’t become a billionaire in Real Estate without being a savage negotiator ...)   But, he is ... “The Officeholder!”

Whether you think that he is the person that the American People ought to have chosen, the fact remains that he is the one that they did(!) choose.

Therefore, the time has long since passed for these people to still be complaining, to still be dreaming about someone who didn’t win, and, in general, to be besmirching or even mocking the Officeholder who actually sits in that proverbial hot-seat.

There comes a time, I think, when this becomes “insulting The Office,” which maybe is not that too-far removed from “burning a flag.”   (Just sayin’ ...)   Anyway, “enough is enough is enough.”

It is time to get down to the business of Governance ... which is the real job ... and, to those all-important ends, you must(!) deal with “the President that you’ve actually got.”   The time for complaining and belly-aching is over.

The American People did not elect a professional politician this time.   Neither did they elect a retired General.   They made a choice unlike any and every choice that this Country has ever before made.   But, maybe, just maybe, they did it for a reason, and this choice must be respected.

Even if one despises – or, does not – the present Officeholder, there is still:   the Office, itself.   The loneliest job on Planet Earth.

Well said...

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 04 2017 @ 06:07 AM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson

There comes a time, I think, when this becomes “insulting The Office,”

I see no insults, just statements of fact.

"You said you were going to build a wall and Mexico was going to pay for it, and now you're taking the money out of my pocket". Where's the insult?

"You said you were going to drain the swamp and you're hiring a bunch of Goldman Sachs people". Where's the insult?

Ms Conway remarked that "he's the president, so anything he does is presidential" (paraphrased). Do you consider it appropriate that the president directly enriches himself from his office? That laws, sorry: executive orders, he passes directly benefit him and his friends, and damage the people at large?

Victor.

-- My CD.