Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Re:Brace for Impact
Friday, August 25 2017 @ 03:50 PM CDT

Quote by: crissew

Answer me this... what real justification is there for the Trump Russia accusations? Give me the hard evidence of collusion. I will save you time... there IS NONE.

wow - Mueller is confiding in you? that's so cool!

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
particledots
Forum Full Member

Friday, August 25 2017 @ 08:48 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin

Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/25/us/politics/joe-arpaio-trump-pardon-sheriff-arizona.html
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Friday, August 25 2017 @ 09:16 PM CDT

Quote by: particledots

Nothing unusual happened. Maybe you could relax a little? In deference to your stern, heart felt warning, please keep all informed if ya feel something hit.

Daug

"President Clinton's eleventh-hour pardon of fugitive financier Marc Rich has sparked a firestorm of controversy, launching investigations in both houses of Congress and igniting fierce protest from both Democrats and Republicans..."

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,99302,00.html

Obama pardons unrepentant terrorist...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/01/18/obama-pardoned-convicted-unrepentant-terrorist-oscar-lópez-rivera-n2273267

Ecclesiastes 1:9 - What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango
particledots
Forum Full Member

Friday, August 25 2017 @ 11:25 PM CDT

Daug

https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2017/8/statement-by-senator-john-mccain-on-president-trump-s-pardon-of-joe-arpaio
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 26 2017 @ 05:49 AM CDT

Daug

But why should we listen to McCain, who the NY Times claims is racist against Obama and not forthright??

https://theboard.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/31/say-what-john-mccain-barack-obama-and-the-race-card/

Take a listen >>> Texas Tango
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 26 2017 @ 08:04 AM CDT

Quote by: chikoppi
Well, when Nazis and supremacists rally around a monument to a Confederate leader in an American city, chanting slogans and slurs and waving torches, I think it's well past time to acknowledge, discuss, and confront the issue.

Hate groups, above all else, want legitimacy for their violent and extremist views.   I am still dumbfounded that the Charlottesville gathering was allowed to take place and that a Federal Judge issued an order overturning the city’s denial of the request.   Anyone should have anticipated what would happen when fire and gasoline were mixed ... that two diametrically-opposite hate groups would be attracted and that a bloody riot would be the only result.   I feel that the Judge was profoundly irresponsible.

But the gathering was ostensibly about whether-or-not the statue should be removed at all.   Referring once again to the editorial about “powerful and powerless,” people on both sides were attracted to what was certain to become a dangerous situation.   The first spark was lit when the idea was planted that the statue was a symbol, not of American history, but of hate.   And, this idea was planted.

Extremist groups want to “own the dialogue,” and especially the symbols.   Symbols are far more powerful than words.   They want to equate a statue of Robert E. Lee (who did not own slaves, BTW) with their cause, and their interpretation of the symbol’s meaning.   They want to self-identify themselves as being equal with “the President’s base,” and there were a’plenty of people who promptly did make that connection, based on what the President did not say at the instant when they thought that he should have said what they expected him to (reflexively) say.   Plenty of people were ready to say that the man dances around the Lincoln Bedroom wearing white robes.

This is the modus operandi of any extremist or hate group.   If you want to gain and to exercise power, you do it through symbols.   Specifically, you begin by selecting symbols that already exist in the society and co-opting them to serve your own ends.   The Nazis co-opted symbols of Norse gods and German legend.   The KKK took the Christian cross and set it on fire.   If you accept the premise offered by the hate groups that a public statue is a symbol of, specifically, "what they stand for" ... if this interpretation becomes what you think about it ... then they have actually achieved their aim.   Your meaning of that symbol is now their meaning of that symbol, and you are responding as they would wish.   This is how these groups operate.   This is where their power comes from.   The dynamic is subtle and it is deeply rooted in the principles of crowd psychology.   If you’re not paying attention, it’s easy to swallow the bait whole and even to call it delicious.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/let-their-words-do-the-talking/201103/the-seven-stage-hate-model-the-psychopathology-hate

Incidentally, you also need to find a society where a large number of people feel disaffected and powerless.   The Nazis seized the reins of a recently-defeated but still proud nation which was suffering from the Treaty of Versailles.   Neo-Nazis today are trying to feed off the same frustrations that propelled President Trump to the White House, and they need to equate their evil cause with him so that in the public eye he is perceived as “one of them.”   But, so far, this President has not given them what they want, and I do not expect him to do so.   They are, however, now being very successful so-far in co-opting “public symbols of all kinds,” successfully equating every one of them to be symbols of (their) hate.   They have identified a source of fuel, and it is burning.   The fire is spreading rapidly and under its own power through an already existing tinder-box, and great mischief could be the result.
ktb
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 26 2017 @ 10:03 AM CDT

[QUOTE BY= MikeRobinson]that two diametrically-opposite hate groups would be attracted and that a bloody riot would be the only result.

OK I will admit that my original post about dying a little every time you post was because I WANTED to like you. Just so we are crystal clear what you wrote above is fucking abhorrent. I will confront that bullshit everytime I see it or hear it. Shame on you Mike Robinson.
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
...that two diametrically-opposite hate groups would be attracted and that a bloody riot would be the only result.

There weren't two hate groups. There were Nazis and supremacists and there were those who opposed them. One of those demonstrating in opposition was a 32 year old paralegal for a Charlottesville law firm, who was killed while marching against the presence of Nazis in her city.

The first spark was lit when the idea was planted that the statue was a symbol, not of American history, but of hate. And, this idea was planted.

I'm not doubting that you regard those monuments as benign statuary, but to many others they are not and never were, and that is for legitimate reasons.

This is the modus operandi of any extremist or hate group. If you want to gain and to exercise power, you do it through symbols. Specifically, you begin by selecting symbols that already exist in the society and co-opting them to serve your own ends.

Which is exactly why so many of those monuments were erected and why so many people associate them not with the Civil War but with an era of blatant racial oppression. It isn't arbitrary that Nazis and supremacists chose to rally around those statues...they have long been unsubtle symbols of dominance.

Again, what's wrong with replacing civic monuments to Confederate leaders with monuments that honor victims of the war, including the common confederate soldiers and civilians? The heritage and history can be preserved without perpetuating divisive symbolism.

Neo-Nazis today are trying to feed off the same frustrations that propelled President Trump to the White House, and they need to equate their evil cause with him so that in the public eye he is perceived as “one of them.” But, so far, this President has not given them what they want, and I do not expect him to do so.

"So far..." "Do not expect him to..." How could there even be a question as to whether an American president emphatically, unequivocally, and unapologetically opposes Nazis and supremacists.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
particledots
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 26 2017 @ 02:00 PM CDT

Daug

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/08/26/the-year-i-spent-in-joe-arpaios-tent-jail-was-hell-he-should-never-walk-free/

SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Saturday, August 26 2017 @ 03:39 PM CDT

Daug

keep up the good work

http://macjams.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=8;showtopic=282858