Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
rsolorio
Forum Full Member

RIP Brian D
Monday, June 12 2017 @ 11:00 PM CDT

It's my sad duty to announce to the mac jams community the passing of Brian Delaney, or Brian D as he was known around here. Fun fact was he was reluctant to post his personal tunes in a public setting like MacJams. So with his permission I opened an account and began posting some songs.

He got such a great response that Brian took over and began posting and interacting with this community. I know he had many friends locally and around the world like Len Gold, who he met up with across the pond.

It's been a few years since he posted anything new here, and I noticed he pulled his ID. However he still has a dynamic presence on iTunes and soundcloud. So if you're Jones-ing for some Brian D. Check him out there.

Brian D was a prolific writer, performer and all around tech geek. He was my guide in the ways of GarageBand and I admired his song writing and musicianship very very much. I know many of you did too.

https://soundcloud.com/brianpdelaney
stevel
Forum Full Member

Re:RIP Brian D
Tuesday, June 13 2017 @ 07:57 AM CDT

Heard this news yesterday...very sad indeed. I had the pleasure of meeting Brian a few times in London and he was a lovely, enthusiastic person. A very talented singer, songwriter and multi instrumentalist. A great Beatles fan. He shall be sorely missed.
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 13 2017 @ 08:18 AM CDT

just read about this on his FB page today also - i'm so sad to hear it. what an incredible musician and all around terrific person! sending warmest thoughts to his family

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
lengold
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 13 2017 @ 09:41 AM CDT

I am still struggling to actually beleive this. Brian was such an inspiration to me and a fabulous person and musician. It was wonderful to meet him.
My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Must try harder
TobinMueller
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM CDT

Thank you for passing along this sad news. Brian D was inspiring in so many ways. And his music was always top notch. Dang. Suzanne and I send our heartfelt sympathy to his family.
XMaramena
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, June 13 2017 @ 08:11 PM CDT

Oh dear. Very sad news indeed. He's always been wonderfully supportive over the years.
Bob Rodgers
Forum Regular Poster

Wednesday, June 14 2017 @ 02:45 AM CDT

I've just heard this very sad news, I can't take it in.
I also met Brian in London when he came over to visit, he was a lovely person to meet, a wonderful musician and a great songwriter.
Very sad, my thoughts are with his family and friends.
particledots
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, June 14 2017 @ 08:20 AM CDT

RIP Brian

DWL
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, June 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM CDT

Like some of the other London chaps I also met him a couple of times.

A lovely bloke, a fine musician and he will be sorely missed Frown

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)

alackbass
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, June 14 2017 @ 04:33 PM CDT

Shocking and very sad news. I always loved his songs and his skills as a producer and arranger were equal or better than any pro out there. My heart goes out to his friends and family.