Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
bronco
Forum Full Member

Weighted Mind
Saturday, October 21 2017 @ 12:58 AM CDT

This song is my newest obsession. Very original song construction.

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Re:Weighted Mind
Saturday, October 21 2017 @ 06:50 AM CDT

What do you hear in the song construction that is unusual?

Love the song though. And the recording setup. You can hear people in the background throughout, and in the end it's clear that the festival has resumed.

Victor.

-- My CD.
Ed Hannifin
Forum Full Member

Saturday, October 21 2017 @ 05:58 PM CDT

Lovely performance. Nicely simple. I love the recorded tonality and balance of the bass. Those look like neat mics...

"We have to remember...when it's surrender that's called for, it's not surrender of your brains. It's surrender of your ego. It's a different thing." --Bruce Cockburn

bronco
Forum Full Member

Sunday, October 22 2017 @ 05:19 AM CDT

Quote by: VicDiesel
What do you hear in the song construction that is unusual?

Love the song though. And the recording setup. You can hear people in the background throughout, and in the end it's clear that the festival has resumed.

Victor.

Not being formally trained in music I wouldn't know the proper words to use. First of all the song is carried by a very neat bass line on a standup bass. The fact that the only other instrument is a mandolin is in itself very unusual. The vocal is understated sung almost in a monotone but then the chorus comes busting out with such a great harmony. Love the mandolin riff the song starts with. Just everything about it seems fresh and new to me although I am sure there is nothing truly new in the world of music as there are only so many notes, rhythms and harmonies to use.