Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
particledots
Forum Full Member

From Russia with Love
Tuesday, October 31 2017 @ 02:57 PM CDT

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:From Russia with Love
Monday, November 06 2017 @ 09:57 AM CST

I don’t think that anyone in Washington, DC, nor in the Press, can divorce themselves of the fantasy of watching “Tricky Dick Trump” sailing away from the East Lawn in a helicopter.

Of course “The Swamp” does not want to be drained.   They fear this man as they have feared no other President, because he looks at what they have all been doing for so very, very long and sees it differently ... and, says so ... in a Tweet.

What they really don’t [want to ...] understand is that “this is why the American people hired this man.”   One way or the other, The Beltway is never going to be the same again.   Upcoming elections are going to bring very-different people into positions of power, and political parties (Trump is a Republican® in brand-name only ...) are seeing their own influence diminishing rapidly.

“That’s just the way it is.   Some things never change ...   Aww, but don’t you believe it.”   Change is happening, and they can’t stand it.   They just want The Swamp to go back to being the way it always was:   stinky, mosquito-ridde, predictable, lucrative, and comfortable.
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Monday, November 06 2017 @ 03:57 PM CST

There is little more dissociated from reality than the notion this administration is reducing the influence special interests in government. If the appointments aren't industry insiders or former lobbyists they are quite often shills with no relevant qualifications, all installed with a staggering lack of transparency.

The administration continues to quietly hire political staffers — more than 1,000 so far, many of them regulating industries they previously worked for — but we’ve uncovered more identities. “The swamp continues,” says a Trump campaign official who is now a lobbyist.

President Donald Trump has left hundreds of government jobs unfilled that require a vote by the Senate. Yet his administration has installed more than 1,000 people through political appointments at every major federal agency, handing over control of the government’s day-to-day operations to industry insiders and loyalists to an unprecedented degree.

https://www.propublica.org/article/lifting-the-veil-on-another-batch-of-shadowy-trump-appointees

https://www.propublica.org/article/secrecy-and-suspicion-surround-trumps-deregulation-teams

President Trump has stocked his administration with a small army of former lobbyists and corporate consultants who are now in the vanguard of the effort to roll back government regulations at the agencies they once sought to influence, according to an analysis of government records by the New York Times in collaboration with ProPublica.

The Times adds new details to our previous reporting on Trump’s weakening of ethics rules and former lobbyists working on regulations they opposed on behalf of private clients just months ago.

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-hiring-lobbyists-top-ethics-official-says-no-transparency

This is the very definition of "the swamp."

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 08 2017 @ 05:05 PM CST

Freely acknowledging what you say, Chikoppi, I think that this practice is anything but “new” in the Beltway.

The Senate has done no one any service by refusing to timely confirm his appointments – or, to timely reject them.   Possibly the worst thing that could have done was to do what they generally did:   nothing.

If we imposed a blanket system of Term Limits – upon the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court and all inferior courts, and even upon administrative positions in agencies and bureaus – we would have a much-changed dynamic of power in Washington, DC.   At least until then, power and influence will continue to be bought and sold throughout the District.
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 08 2017 @ 08:23 PM CST

Quote by: MikeRobinson
Freely acknowledging what you say, Chikoppi, I think that this practice is anything but “new” in the Beltway.

False equivalence. Which seems to be the hallmark of right-wingers. I'm not sure why.

Anyway. Really?

Would you compare Steve Chu, Obama's energy secretary who was a Nobel prize winning physicist, to Rich "oops" Perry who I-can't-even-begin-to-describe-how-dumb.

Victor.

-- My CD.
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 08 2017 @ 08:42 PM CST

The Senate has done no one any service by refusing to timely confirm his appointments – or, to timely reject them.   Possibly the worst thing that could have done was to do what they generally did:   nothing.

That is not the case. Read the articles. "The Senate" is not responsible for his selection of these people or efforts to evade responsible hiring and appointment practices.

In July 2017, the New York Times assessed the pace and reported that Trump had announced 36 percent of "leadership positions below the secretary level" compared with 78 percent by Obama over the same period. Average approval time has been nine days slower for Trump appointees versus Obama's. Ten of 15 Cabinet agencies had no number two, several deputy secretaries were not nominated until after the Administration's 100-day mark, and some had not yet been nominated.

By October 2017, Trump had made 412 nominations. By the same point in their respective presidencies, George W. Bush had made 640 nominations and Barack Obama had made 536 nominations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_appointments_by_Donald_Trump

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Thursday, November 09 2017 @ 09:23 AM CST

I’m not saying at all that this is the way things should be.

I simply mean that this is not exactly the first time that the fox was left guarding the hen-house.
KCsGROOVE
Forum Regular Poster

Friday, November 10 2017 @ 05:40 AM CST

every note counts
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Friday, November 10 2017 @ 09:16 AM CST

I simply mean that this is not exactly the first time that the fox was left guarding the hen-house.

Which seems to be the standard right-wing defense: an appeal to impartiality "they are all bad".

Really? Would you compare Steve Chu, Obama's energy secretary who was a Nobel prize winning physicist, to Rich "oops" Perry who I-can't-even-begin-to-describe-how-dumb.

Victor.

-- My CD.

Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Friday, November 10 2017 @ 10:09 AM CST

Boogeyman are everywhere, in the cookie jar, in the uranium ore, in the bed, under the bed, and on both sides of the supposed political divide.

If the illusionary distinction between Demo and Repu evaporates from mainstream consciousness today what would happen? The end of linear human progress! Lol.

View both Parties as a single entity. Try, I know you can. Imagine no fake competition, no illusion of checks and balances. Keep trying. See Elites only as enablers of the Rulers. Where is the healthy linear progression we love? What does dissent become?

Perhaps reality is an Ownership Group, The Human Relations Department, the Workers and the Tools? No linear progress, no individual achievement blah blah...

Every 80 years or so in the West there is a paradigm shift. We stand at the end/birth of the cycle. How do you feel about that?

Investigate the last five paradigm shifts friend, almost 600 years of cyclical change each marked by mass hate and depraved brutality.

The paradigm shift after our current adventure is foretold by the dominant media to feature only horrors. The future, the media tells us, will be stealth genetic manipulation, selective mass starvation and killer robots. The media prophets only a Dystopian future.

Stop hate, seize the future.

Daug