Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
davisamerica
Forum Full Member

ok
Saturday, March 02 2019 @ 04:40 PM CST

I can do this cos I have 11 years invested here. We have trolls who have divided us. we have dogs who chase us and make sure the emperor has clothes. My goodness MJ ...... what has happened here?? Go ahead trolls do yer worst.

I have finally figured this out but now I have forgotten what to use it for.
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Re:ok
Saturday, March 02 2019 @ 05:12 PM CST

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
bud
Forum Full Member

Saturday, March 02 2019 @ 06:00 PM CST

It'll be 14 years for me in June, Jack, and recently some dog bit me in the schoolyard claiming I was a troll, lol.

Yep. There was a time when this place was hopping with collaborations and goodwill, live chats and also your basic political disputes from time to time.

That was before we were told that we were all on one side or another of a culture war, and if we didn't realize it we were idiots. Yes, I know it sounds familiar, and I know it's tiresome.

And now it's like it is now. Not surprising I guess.

it's all too much
SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Sunday, March 03 2019 @ 05:48 PM CST

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Sunday, March 03 2019 @ 06:42 PM CST

Quote by: bud
There was a time when this place was hopping with collaborations and goodwill, live chats and also your basic political disputes from time to time.

That was before we were told that we were all on one side or another of a culture war, and if we didn't realize it we were idiots. Yes, I know it sounds familiar, and I know it's tiresome.

I tend to think that it is a fairly-recent and unfortunate development in online dialogue that some people like to cast “online disagreements debate” as “culture wars” or “something that is meant to divide.”   I have never ascribed to that.   Hoping against hope that I am not regarded as a troll, I have never particularly felt that anyone here is one.   Yes, the “Brace for Impact” thread did go on for an uncommonly-long time, but I never participated in it nor read it.   I have been involved in plenty of web communities that became so onerous that I simply quit them, but I have never seen any such thing here ... and, I do not expect it, here.
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Monday, March 04 2019 @ 12:50 PM CST

I don't know that I consider anyone hear at MJ as a troll.

I certainly wouldn't consider someone a troll just because they don't agree with me!

Not terribly sure I even understand what this thread is about...

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Monday, March 04 2019 @ 12:50 PM CST

Ooops...double post.

Dang glitchy tablet!

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 24 2019 @ 10:18 AM CDT

MJ wasn't built on whining and/or bickering.

Want the "good old days" to return?

Stop whining. Stop bickering. Stop pouting off in the corner. (There appears to be quite a lot of that these days...)

Come back. Post music. Create. Collab.

Don't like the so-called "culture wars"?

Neither do I!

So come on back and re-create the culture of creativity and respect that once thrived here.

You CAN do it, if you really want to.

Of course, if you don't really want to... then there's nothing for it, is there?

Here's hoping...

:-)

carbon
Forum Chatty

Wednesday, April 24 2019 @ 05:41 PM CDT

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 24 2019 @ 05:52 PM CDT

Maybe we should all just re-remind ourselves that the thing which brings us here is the same thing that originally brought us here – music.   This web-site still contains an astonishingly rich catalog of music.   (I’m very sorry that the “random song picker” which used to be a front-page feature has lately disappeared, and I hope that it will very soon return.)

Let’s face it – the web today is chock-full of web sites in which frustrated political activists can vent their spleen (to no useful effect).   I’m sorry to admit that I am very guilty of this.   Meanwhile, my next effort – I decided to quietly scrap the last, political one – is in the works.

Maybe there is a hard lesson to be learned here – “you disagree with me, therefore you are the Enemy of the Free World.”   It is too damned easy to be sucked-up into this ... and maybe there are too damned many people out there (in the net-world at large) encouraging us to do it.   Chalk it up as learned, then don’t repeat.

Even to this day, and in spite of all the problems ... MacJams continues to produce a steady supply of brand-new music.   So, I guess that we are all still doing something right.