Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
analog atrocity
Forum Junior

logic 8 vs. express
Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 03:48 AM CST

whats the difference between logic studio 8 (500$) and express 8 (200$)?
analog atrocity
Forum Junior

Re:logic 8 vs. express
Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 03:55 AM CST

alright, so it comes with all this extra jazz... but does the actual logic itself have any limitations on the express version?
damiengh
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 07:22 AM CST

I know who I am and you know who you are, but who and the hell do they think they are?

Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 08:05 AM CST

What I don't know hasn't hurt me. I have been able to do all I need to do with Logic Express 7.2.3. Except maybe notation -- I bought Finale to create scores. I may also buy Sibelius.
Jim Bouchard
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 08:19 AM CST

I have Logic Pro 7, so I know the extra stuff that is in the Pro version, and I have to tell you that I prefer using Logic Express 8. There's a cool reverb called Space Designer that is missing in Express, and also I miss having the Logic Multimeter plugin available, but if you have all the Jam Packs you need and you don't want to get Final Cut and Soundtrack and some other deep synth stuff, just get the Express version. You can always upgrade later for $299. Do the math: 199 plus 299 equals 498. Brand new Studio 499, seems to make a pretty painless upgrade.
analog atrocity
Forum Junior

Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 04:08 PM CST

i dont know... that space designer is bomb. im pretty upset that its not included. what about ultrabeat? is it in there? im rocking an esx-1 so if not.. no biggie there.
Jim Bouchard
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 04:38 PM CST

Ultrabeat is in there in Express 8 and it is the bomb, indeed.
Aaron David
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 05:33 PM CST

Quote by: Jim Bouchard
I have Logic Pro 7, so I know the extra stuff that is in the Pro version, and I have to tell you that I prefer using Logic Express 8. There's a cool reverb called Space Designer that is missing in Express, and also I miss having the Logic Multimeter plugin available, but if you have all the Jam Packs you need and you don't want to get Final Cut and Soundtrack and some other deep synth stuff, just get the Express version. You can always upgrade later for $299. Do the math: 199 plus 299 equals 498. Brand new Studio 499, seems to make a pretty painless upgrade.

Are you saying you own Logic Pro 7 and Logic Express 8? You know, you should be able to take the plugins from Pro 7 and use them in Express 8. Then you'll have the best of both worlds! Smile

Website: AaronDavidMusic.com | AD MySpace | Latest song: Hearts Alive
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, December 19 2007 @ 05:55 PM CST

Quote by: Aaron David

Are you saying you own Logic Pro 7 and Logic Express 8? You know, you should be able to take the plugins from Pro 7 and use them in Express 8. Then you'll have the best of both worlds! Smile

Unfortunately the "plugs" are not really plugs, they are really part of the Logic code. In Express a couple of bits of code are simply not turned on / included. So there are no separate plugin files in you Library folder.

Victor.

-- My CD.

Aaron David
Forum Full Member

Thursday, December 20 2007 @ 09:41 PM CST

Quote by: VicDiesel
Quote by: Aaron David

Unfortunately the "plugs" are not really plugs, they are really part of the Logic code. In Express a couple of bits of code are simply not turned on / included. So there are no separate plugin files in you Library folder.

Victor.

Fair enough,I guess they were wise to that when they designed it...

Website: AaronDavidMusic.com | AD MySpace | Latest song: Hearts Alive