Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Chris-
Forum Junior

Using Logic X with 32 bit Plug-Ins
Saturday, July 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM CDT

So I have read and been researching this issue quite a bit. A big concern is that Logic X will not open 32 bit plugins. I bought Logic X and for the record, its amazing and worth every penny. Simply the best daw. Anyway. Here are a couple work arounds. You can get Vienna Ensemble Pro. This will allow you to insert this plugin on a track and within Vienna open 32 bit plugins. Another option I know if is if you have NI Maschine you can use that as a host for 3rd party plugins. Hope this helps.
michael2
Forum Full Member

Re:Using Logic X with 32 bit Plug-Ins
Saturday, July 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM CDT

i was wondering if you could just rewire in something like ableton live lite, reaper or the last version of mainstage. I haven't bought Logic X yet, so haven'y been able to try it yet.
MarkHolbrook
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 21 2013 @ 10:05 AM CDT

I only have a few plug-ins I use and before buying Logic X I checked and they are all 64 bit. I don't think I have any 32's to try.

Wherever you go, there you are!
particledots
Forum Full Member

Sunday, July 21 2013 @ 11:56 AM CDT

if you have logic 9, you can still use your 32 bit plugins in that...the logic x install doesnt get rid of logic 9....not the best of solutions but also, for the moment at least, not a total disaster for those of you with lots of 32 bit plugins
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM CDT

Quote by: Chris-
You can get Vienna Ensemble Pro. This will allow you to insert this plugin on a track and within Vienna open 32 bit plugins.

I'm guessing the same trick works with Plogue Bidule. I do wonder about delay compensation. Will try.

Victor.

-- My CD.

J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Friday, July 26 2013 @ 09:56 PM CDT

Searching for a solution to a different Logic problem, I ran across this FREE solution:

http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/how-to-run-32-bit-plug-ins-in-logic-pro-x

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND