Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
jcharney
Forum Newbie

xpand!
Friday, August 11 2006 @ 11:33 AM CDT

I recently bought a DIGI 002 with Pro Tools LE 7, but it didn't come with the XPAND! plugin for some reason. Digidesign, being the shrewd assholes they are, offer it free on their website but "because of the size of the installer", do not offer it for download, so lo and behold, you have to pay 9.95 for a shipping fee. UGH I hate them.

Does anyone have this plugin that they would be willing to transfer via AIM? I can find links to it online, but just installer updates, not the original v1.0 plugin. It would be awesome...

IM me at atrophy normalcy (AIM)
futzpucker
Forum Full Member

Re:xpand!
Friday, August 11 2006 @ 12:49 PM CDT

I have to say that xpand is a really nice plugin for ten dollars. I use it quite a bit.

I know the founder (who has since changed careers), the president, and several employees of Digidesign, and they seem like people who go to work and do their jobs everyday like the rest of us. They really don't strike me as being "shrewd assholes" at all. I don't think they'd strike you that way, either, if you met them and spent a bit of time with them. I do understand your frustration about paying ten dollars for something that's said to be free, but I think it's far from a rip-off.

Just my opinion...

My CD is available here:

Bubowski
Forum Full Member

Re:xpand!
Friday, August 11 2006 @ 01:22 PM CDT

I agree with Futz...$10 considering the development that went into it's development doesn't seem too bad. However, I'm sure if you were vocal enough to their customer support personnel and suggested that this could be a violation of Truth in Advertising, they may feel that they could just send you one free of charge and be done with it. It is a bit dubious (especially under California consumer law) to say something is Free when indeed it will cost you 10 bucks (unless they are very specific that you will be paying the cost of shipping up front).

Anyway, from what I've read, it's a pretty nice bit of software and well worth the extra ten spot.

Graham Metcalfe - Information Architecture and Art Direction
Please visit my portfolio site at www.ghmetcalfe.com.