Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
puntastik
Forum Newbie

importing...any simple ways?
Sunday, March 28 2004 @ 11:45 PM CST

importing sucks on gb, i try to import in aif, mp3, and every other possible outcome...it wont work. why cant i just do something simple like drop the a capella and create a beat around it.....thanks
s0mmeil
Forum Full Member

Re:importingany simple ways?
Monday, March 29 2004 @ 01:15 AM CST

Don't quite know what you are asking. Do you have an a capella piece that you want to drop into GarageBand? If you are just trying to import a song into GB, just drag the sound file from your hard drive onto the timeline at the top (not the loop browser window at the bottom).

just peachy...
Tunz
Forum Newbie

Monday, March 29 2004 @ 12:11 PM CST

I don't seem to have any problem with "drag and drop" for relatively small loop files. I had the great idea of importing a full song from iTunes and then cutting out everything but a specific part (like the opening drums and riff from "My Sharona"). A dialog box briefly comes up that says the file is being imported into GB, but nothing appears on the timeline. Any similar experiences or workarounds? Maybe there is a file size limit.

TobinMueller
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, March 30 2004 @ 10:19 AM CST

It must be a RAM issue. I have dropped whole songs often, both mp3 and aiff, with no problem. I often mix down just a few tracks of my song (to consolidate tracks and effects usage) and then drag and drop in in to replace the tracks I just bounced. I have a 1.75 dual processor G4.