Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Does anyone use Logic Remote?
Sunday, October 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM CDT

I think I've figured out what irritates me about it. Just about the only useful view is the mixer. But 90 percent of the time I don't need a full mixer: I'm recording a track, so I want to see only that one track and everything I need to record. Like:

- how many bars count in
- bpm
- quick undo of a recording. most of the time I don't want to overdub; I want to forget that attempt ever happened.

anyway. Yet another case where I can not use an iPad to do anything creative. Reading pdfs. That's what I do on my iPad.

Victor.

-- My CD.
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Re:Does anyone use Logic Remote?
Sunday, October 14 2018 @ 04:36 PM CDT

I had hopes it would function as a midi controller for performance inputs, but there's a little too much latency. Still, it might serve to rough-in a recording of automation for a track, like drawing x/y pad or mod-wheel data.

I do use GarageBand on the iPad to fiddle with midi compositions (basic chord progressions or rhythm patterns). It's easy enough to export a midi file that can be opened in logic.

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles
XMaramena
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 15 2018 @ 01:54 AM CDT

I used it a little bit for the mixer, but since I can't view plugins on it, and I have multiple monitors anyway, it's largely redundant.

If I get an iPad Pro at some point, I may look back into it with the larger interface, but until then, it strikes me as trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 15 2018 @ 10:05 AM CDT

Quote by: XMaramena
it strikes me as trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Well, I have a problem that I try to play from sheet music on the screen, and I have only one monitor. So if I could display the pdf on the Mac screen, and have Logic controls on the iPad, that would actually help me. Unfortunately, Logic Control wants Logic to be the foreground application on the Mac.

Victor.

-- My CD.
XMaramena
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 15 2018 @ 11:14 AM CDT

Quote by: VicDiesel
Quote by: XMaramena
it strikes me as trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Well, I have a problem that I try to play from sheet music on the screen, and I have only one monitor. So if I could display the pdf on the Mac screen, and have Logic controls on the iPad, that would actually help me. Unfortunately, Logic Control wants Logic to be the foreground application on the Mac.

Victor.

Just drag the window to the corner.
chikoppi
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 15 2018 @ 11:38 AM CDT

You can also toggle the main window off while keeping the application in the foreground. This would make the open windows of other applications visible (as well as any parameter windows you have open in Logic).

“Ya, that idea is dildos.” Skwisgaar Skwigelf
GET SONG FEEDBACK --> MacJams Critics Circles

FEEL
Forum Full Member

Sunday, October 21 2018 @ 10:19 AM CDT

It's nice when you can't be right up next to the computer. I use to use a controller with my computer, the iPad is much better and less buggy. In the early stages of the iPad, I downloaded an app before logic remote came out. It works great on my now unsupported device but had to be tweaked. What I do like the most about Logic remote is that you can view the metering on your iPhone or iPad and it comes functional when using the instruments/effects unlike having to configure a 3rd party app.