Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
tomc11
Forum Junior

Apple Loop Indexes
Tuesday, August 17 2004 @ 10:04 AM CDT

I recently downloaded the free Access Virus C loops for Garageaband and great they are. The download includes about 14 loops and after following the directions (drag folder to Loop Browser), I can only find 5 loops in window. I think it's a problem with the Apple Loops index file that's included in the download. Anyone got an idea?
alanfraser
Forum Full Member

Re:Apple Loop Indexes
Tuesday, August 17 2004 @ 10:08 AM CDT

Loops contain index information but there isn't a discrete loop index file that comes with any collection of loops. In any case, you may find that loops you've just added will not appear until you restart GB.

Silas Scarborough
My Duck Soup | Silas Galactic Podcast
juedm
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, August 17 2004 @ 03:24 PM CDT

I also learnt from this forum that certain loops don't appear unless in a certain 'key'

Eg; such as Slide Guitars show up under key of 'G'

-Cheers!

Restarting GB should also help too! - But I saw my D.O.D. right after importing.

In General, Music should be "Always Different", Like People.
pooey
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, August 17 2004 @ 06:40 PM CDT

I wish GB had a thing like iPhoto has "Last Roll". Maybe a "New Loops" button. Hey I'm gonna add that to the other thread.

The only surefire way of finding them is to remember their names and doing a search (remember to reset first). If that don't work, then, yeah, something's up.

My Wife Revealed

tomc11
Forum Junior

Wednesday, August 18 2004 @ 09:43 AM CDT

Here's the files I'm referring to. In the folder LibraryApplication SupportGaragebandApple Loops Index, there are files beginning with the name Search Index... and then a unique identifyer. There is quite a large one there that upon opening you can make out the names of every loop (.aif file) in the basic Garageband package. After bringing in the Virus Loops, I noticed that a new file was now created which contained the references to these Virus loops. This was the file in question. However, the comment about the Loops in certain keys is a thought which I'll look into. I know I did select a key before trying to add those loops. One is a really nice Arpeggiator.