Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

MJ may get a boost
Monday, July 16 2018 @ 08:05 AM CDT

Breaking News:

iCompositions Update
After nearly 15 years dedicated to empowering independent musicians, it's time for iCompositions to say farewell.

On July 4, 2018, a failed software update corrupted the operating system on the server that runs iCompositions. While restoring from backup, the backup itself became corrupted. We managed to recover some of the content and code that runs the site, but much of it was lost permanently. We explored many avenues to recover the lost data but, sadly, we've lost too much.

We're re-opening the site with the content we recovered so that members can save anything they would like to keep: music, comments, blog posts, messages, etc. This is also an opportunity to exchange contact info with any iCompositions members you would like to stay in touch with.

iCompositions will retire on August 11, 2018.

I am incredibly proud of the creative, inspiring, and supportive community we’ve built together. Users have forged meaningful connections, collaborated across the globe, helped each other grow and improve as artists, and shared their music with the world. I am especially grateful to the team of volunteers who have given so much of themselves to maintain a healthy, welcoming environment for our members. Thank you all for making iCompositions such a vibrant community of artists for the past 15 years.

- pm, iCompositions Administrator

https://www.icompositions.com/index.php
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Re:MJ may get a boost
Monday, July 16 2018 @ 09:02 AM CDT

Went there this morning to upload a new tune. I was astonished and heartbroken to find they're shutting down.

Can we keep MJ alive? I sure hope so...
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 16 2018 @ 10:29 AM CDT

MJ may get a boost...

A minor one at most if Simon remains aloof.

If some important things are addressed, then possibly a major boost. Here are two suggestions:
1. Fix the process for the immediate acceptance of new members.
2. Update and fix the music player so that songs play properly.

If you care to, add to this list and maybe, just maybe Simon will read it and give these things some attention. But I'm not holding my breath...

If these things happen then maybe not only new artists will come to MacJams, but older members, like myself, may return and participate once again.
grah3am
Forum Regular Poster

Monday, July 16 2018 @ 12:06 PM CDT

Well, that's sad.

"You read him his rights while I shave his legs."
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 16 2018 @ 02:54 PM CDT

Perhaps it is more productive to consider the new and improved icomp will become more popular than the maiden voyage? We should all work harder to make our little corner of the cyber world more inviting.
Providence would seem to suggest the builders of the new site will incorporate the latest programing innovations and add bells and whistles?
Let's all hope the people next door get their house rebuilt, and it's better than before and in the meantime, we should send some sandwiches and ice tea over.

Daug
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 16 2018 @ 04:15 PM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
Perhaps it is more productive to consider the new and improved icomp will become more popular than the maiden voyage? We should all work harder to make our little corner of the cyber world more inviting.
Providence would seem to suggest the builders of the new site will incorporate the latest programing innovations and add bells and whistles?
Let's all hope the people next door get their house rebuilt, and it's better than before and in the meantime, we should send some sandwiches and ice tea over.

Daug

Quote by: Dadai.2

iCompositions will retire on August 11, 2018.

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Monday, July 16 2018 @ 04:58 PM CDT

Quote by: Dadai.2

- pm, iCompositions Administrator

https://www.icompositions.com/index.php

Godspeed to someone keeping a site alive for 15 years. That's an eternity in intertube time.

Victor.

-- My CD.
DWL
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, July 17 2018 @ 08:49 AM CDT

Sad to hear it even though I haven't posted there for years.

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
FEEL
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, July 17 2018 @ 05:14 PM CDT

if it wasn't for icompositions, I would have never found macjams.

magnatone
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, July 17 2018 @ 05:24 PM CDT

Quote by: FEEL
if it wasn't for icompositions, I would have never found macjams.

Ditto!

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"