Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
michael2
Forum Full Member

can't find files
Sunday, September 30 2007 @ 03:38 PM CDT

I have all of my GB files on an external 500 gb Lacie HD, and i located some of them, but using Finder I can't locate the rest. It doesn't seem to actually be searching in the external. It just says searching and it will do nothing (apparently) forever. Just put a couple more files in there (and I know exactly where they are), and it won't find them either. i searched by file extension (.aif and .gb and garagebandproject), i looked under the name I put on all my music (mount st. helen), looked under song titles, and by date created. it's not even finding the mp3s that I keep on that HD (although Itunes has no trouble navigating through the same HD). any ideas? I am running OSX 10.4.9 on the first generation intel mini mac. i am so confused.

Axgrinder
Forum Full Member

Re:can't find files
Sunday, September 30 2007 @ 04:22 PM CDT

Quote by: michael2
I have all of my GB files on an external 500 gb Lacie HD, and i located some of them, but using Finder I can't locate the rest. It doesn't seem to actually be searching in the external. It just says searching and it will do nothing (apparently) forever. Just put a couple more files in there (and I know exactly where they are), and it won't find them either. i searched by file extension (.aif and .gb and garagebandproject), i looked under the name I put on all my music (mount st. helen), looked under song titles, and by date created. it's not even finding the mp3s that I keep on that HD (although Itunes has no trouble navigating through the same HD). any ideas? I am running OSX 10.4.9 on the first generation intel mini mac. i am so confused.

Hey Mike, Did you try doing a search while in the drive it's self? When you click on your external you should have a search bar at the top right corner. You should be able to use finder on all your drives! Also, you might try ejecting it then unplugging it and plugging it back in! Hope I helped, man.

Ax

*Soon to be updated* {I'm here for the "M-U-S-I-C" not the "F-O-R-U-M"} With all this great music, how does one score'um? funny animated gif