Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
gwhoose
Forum Regular Poster

effort
Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 05:45 AM CDT

what is effort. is accomplishing = effort, or is that just accomplishment. is effort pain? is effort struggle? if effort necessary? can someone accomplish an act without pain, struggle and necessity? creative accomplishment seems to happen best sometimes without effort. sometimes i think the establishment has constructed an effort society whereby we must all struggle to survive. or did God do that? just to make it interesting. is there a fine line here?

Perfection is just down the road. Way down the road...
nevermine
Forum Full Member

Re:effort
Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 05:52 AM CDT

Quote by: gwhoose
what is effort. is accomplishing = effort, or is that just accomplishment. is effort pain? is effort struggle? if effort necessary? can someone accomplish an act without pain, struggle and necessity? creative accomplishment seems to happen best sometimes without effort. sometimes i think the establishment has constructed an effort society whereby we must all struggle to survive. or did God do that? just to make it interesting. is there a fine line here?

God?? no i didn't make it that way lmao just kidding, am i or i am hehe ok sorry

byeee

not your 'typical' muso ;)
Axgrinder
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 07:47 AM CDT

This took effort! I did this last night! Avatar war's anyone?

*Soon to be updated* {I'm here for the "M-U-S-I-C" not the "F-O-R-U-M"} With all this great music, how does one score'um? funny animated gif
nevermine
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 08:05 AM CDT

you're on axman haha, bring it brother lol

nevermine
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 08:09 AM CDT

{ nevermine } ohhh no fair didn't work,

Komrade K
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 08:24 AM CDT

Other factors come into play for example: tenacity, talent and focus - effort on its own can be fairly meaningless, intelligent effort is ultimately far more productive. Having the ideas can be the easy part, realising them is often the challenge. Edison's line "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration" is pretty much on the money as far as I'm concerned.

With regard to there being an 'effort society' perhaps this drifts into the survival of the fittest debate...

KK
gwhoose
Forum Regular Poster

Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 11:28 AM CDT

Quote by: Axgrinder

cooldeamon, is it having an effort spasm?

Perfection is just down the road. Way down the road...
Axgrinder
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 11:43 AM CDT

cooldeamon, is it having an effort spasm?

Indeed! But now he's got the whole world in his head and a guitar to back him up ;-P

*Soon to be updated* {I'm here for the "M-U-S-I-C" not the "F-O-R-U-M"} With all this great music, how does one score'um? funny animated gif

Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 01:16 PM CDT

All life forms struggle to survive. Pretty hard to blame that on "society."

Tuesday, October 02 2007 @ 01:18 PM CDT

Avatar war? No way...I've been monitoring yours...you'd kick my keister. I surrender unconditionally...

Peace!