Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
kevmikwa
Forum Full Member

Pomplamoose
Friday, September 26 2008 @ 05:10 PM CDT

I found these guys as a Featured video on YouTube - something I don't normally bother with. I'm sure glad I did.

I can't recommend their videos enough - TREMENDOUSLY inspiring (IMHO) and especially fun to watch for multitrackers like most of us here at MacJams ...

Centrifuge
Hail Mary
My Favorite Things

The "band" is Nataly Dawn and Jack Conte, two musicians from the San Fran area. I think their music is unbelievably infectious, and then their videos just push it all over the top for me.

Give them a chance - hope you get hooked too.

EDIT: Fixed those pesky links.
guygrooves
Forum Full Member

Re:Pomplamoose
Friday, September 26 2008 @ 05:39 PM CDT

TOTALLY a find worthy of sharing (IMHO) Wink Thanks for sharing this.

BTW how is the studio coming??
Scott Carmichael
Forum Full Member

Friday, September 26 2008 @ 05:43 PM CDT

this is compelling... they really take some risks... it could easily come across as crap... except there is something timeless about the vocal and melodies.. she has an ageless quality... as always, if you have wonderful melodies with a worthy performance... it's bound to work... it's an old formula really...

nice stuff
pablatone
Forum Full Member

Saturday, September 27 2008 @ 10:15 AM CDT

that is a great find. what a hoot, it's nice to see folks having fun with their music. Thanks Kev, for the heads up!

who the...? what the...?
kevmikwa
Forum Full Member

Saturday, September 27 2008 @ 09:19 PM CDT

I have no affiliation with the band, even if it does look like I'm stone pimping for them ... I just wanted to point out another video they have, in case you haven't already seen:

Be Still

Quote by: guygrooves
how is the studio coming??

Beautifully (and thanks for asking). I should have a finished room within a week. I have all of my furniture waiting to be put together except for my chair (kind of an important piece). I will need to get some acoustic material for the walls before I record anything acoustically in there. I hope to have another video blog up on YouTube soon.

Quote by: Scott Carmichael
... there is something timeless about the vocal and melodies.. she has an ageless quality ...

She really does choose some odd intervals, and they work for me. Someone told me once that a great music video can make a song seem better than it would be on its face. I recognize that these videos are not super-groundbreaking, but there's just something about them that just ices it for me. It probably helps that I love creativity expressed in video.

Quote by: pablatone
it's nice to see folks having fun with their music.

Bango ... you just hit it on the head. They're just having a great time (while being extremely passionate, multi-talented, camera-friendly, creative and so on, all at once). So rare, these days. Good call.
Feter
Forum Full Member

Saturday, September 27 2008 @ 09:33 PM CDT

Groovey !!!

«Blues is easy to play, but not to feel » (Jimi Hendrix)

* Post Removed *
Saturday, September 27 2008 @ 09:58 PM CDT

* This message has been removed *
kevmikwa
Forum Full Member

Saturday, September 27 2008 @ 10:37 PM CDT

Quote by: bug67
Thank you so much for pointing us to this music, Mike.

Hey, thanks for ... uh ... allowing yourself to be pointed. I know when people pimp music it's easy to kinda tune it out. I give you my promise that I won't unless I think it's pretty worthy.

Quote by: bug67
Let's just say, emotions were involved whilst watching.

I could not be with you more. I downloaded the videos and have been watching them like a mental patient. They really do have a way with the twin mediums of music and video. It's a killer combo ... it remains to be seen if they take it out on the road.
kevmikwa
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 06 2008 @ 02:56 PM CDT

New one up now:

Beat The Horse

I'm not normally a pimper, as those of you who know me are aware. Still, I think this is some really good stuff that most MacJammers will appreciate.

This will be the last from me on this topic ... subscribe to their YouTube channel if you want future updates.

kevmikwa
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 06 2008 @ 02:57 PM CDT

EDIT: I'm a double-posting fool. Please to be excusing me.