Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
damiengh
Forum Full Member

Halloween's a Coming!
Thursday, October 09 2008 @ 06:58 PM CDT

With Halloween a coming, we need to start the season out right. So I'm plugging Dick Langford's "Monsters" with Rebsie, to get us off on the right foot.

http://www.macjams.com/song/36370

Add yours to the list.

I know who I am and you know who you are, but who and the hell do they think they are?
Scott Carmichael
Forum Full Member

Re:Halloween's a Coming!
Thursday, October 09 2008 @ 09:45 PM CDT

Every Halloween... me and my boys crank up Alan Parsons "Tales of Mystery" Edgar Alan Poe album... great Halloween music
Epileptic Gibbon
Forum Full Member

Friday, October 10 2008 @ 06:36 AM CDT

Quote by: Scott Carmichael
Every Halloween... me and my boys crank up Alan Parsons "Tales of Mystery" Edgar Alan Poe album... great Halloween music

Indeed it is! A great album generally but awesomely spooky in places too.

And while we're on the topic, there will be another Halloween edition of my podcast music show at the end of October. The aforementioned Rebsie and Dick will be featured, though on different tracks, plus there will also be music from another MacJammer, the delightful Slumbering. Hopefully this show will prove to be the ideal soundtrack for Halloween and last year's Halloween special (Episode 7) is also still available, featuring music from APB and Caroline, Mystified, Peter Greenstone, Rebsie, Breezer and others.

Check out my music podcast
davisamerica
Forum Full Member

Friday, October 10 2008 @ 10:58 AM CDT

Quote by: Epileptic Gibbon
Quote by: Scott Carmichael

Indeed it is! A great album generally but awesomely spooky in places too.

And while we're on the topic, there will be another Halloween edition of my podcast music show at the end of October. The aforementioned Rebsie and Dick will be featured, though on different tracks, plus there will also be music from another MacJammer, the delightful Slumbering. Hopefully this show will prove to be the ideal soundtrack for Halloween and last year's Halloween special (Episode 7) is also still available, featuring music from APB and Caroline, Mystified, Peter Greenstone, Rebsie, Breezer and others.

I have finally figured this out but now I have forgotten what to use it for.
kingbee
Forum Full Member

Friday, October 10 2008 @ 12:59 PM CDT

It's already here.
We were up in Liverpool 2 weeks ago and on the evening of the 22nd of September we were having a meal in a restaurant and a young lad of 12 came in with white face paint, came to our table and said...'trick or treat'...and the the following night, in another restaurant he came in again with his sisters and did the same thing.
Halloween comes early in Liverpool.
It's xmas next week !!
damiengh
Forum Full Member

Sunday, October 12 2008 @ 04:51 PM CDT

bump

I know who I am and you know who you are, but who and the hell do they think they are?
saymme
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 13 2008 @ 02:56 AM CDT

Quote by: damiengh
With Halloween a coming, we need to start the season out right. So I'm plugging Dick Langford's "Monsters" with Rebsie, to get us off on the right foot.

Add yours to the list.

I was talking to my sister who is closest in age-still 3y older- about halloween, & 'Mischiefs Night' She said there iis no more 'Mischiefs Night' in america is that so ?? That was so much FUN it was the night before Halloowween where kids went out in the dark & did 'small' mischief stuff at neighbours or even better houses blocks away ; ) In the end of the sixties it turned too much bad things came & All kids were not aloud out after 10 - it's called something, i don't remember the word . Is it still like that ?

GREAT with Your Halloween songs we can change avatars...

Music Lives Forever

damiengh
Forum Full Member

Monday, October 13 2008 @ 08:49 AM CDT

Quote by: saymme
Quote by: damiengh

Add yours to the list.

I was talking to my sister who is closest in age-still 3y older- about halloween, & 'Mischiefs Night' She said there iis no more 'Mischiefs Night' in america is that so ?? That was so much FUN it was the night before Halloowween where kids went out in the dark & did 'small' mischief stuff at neighbours or even better houses blocks away ; ) In the end of the sixties it turned too much bad things came & All kids were not aloud out after 10 - it's called something, i don't remember the word . Is it still like that ?

GREAT with Your Halloween songs we can change avatars...

Saymme,

It is still celebrated in different towns in many different ways. Some traditionally do the door to door begging all evening and others, a bit more controlled in some neighborhoods having designated times to take the kids out.
Others may have parties at some local church hall or community hall, including bobbing for apples, costume contests etc.

There used to be a big tradition, at least when I was growing up in Detroit, of "Devil's night", the night before Halloween, where pranksters would soap up store windows, toilet paper trees of cranky old folk who may have yelled at them in the past (ex. "get off my lawn"), or ring doorbells and running away.

Eventually, "Devil's night" got to be a severe problem over the years in Detroit, where some arsonists would set fires to vacant homes or businesses.

Communities started to organize their own watch groups to prevent these fires and now it has evolved into a big community event in Detroit, to the point where they have actually retaken the night and given a new name for this night calling it now "Angel's Night".
People patrol the streets that night in groups and have big parties afterwards to celebrate. This is one of the fantastic good stories about Detroit you don't hear about too often.

But Halloween is still one of the greatest nights for kids. I think the best place to enjoy that night is in Salem, Massachusetts. Check out this link for the big festival enjoyed there:http://www.hauntedhappenings.org/