Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
DustyAttic
Forum Full Member

Levi StubbsRIP-4 Tops
Saturday, October 18 2008 @ 08:08 PM CDT

Levi Stubbs, lead singer of the Four Tops, has died. May he rest in peace. This incredible singer brought so much enjoyment to me in my youth. I saw the Four Tops perform around 1999 in West Palm Beach (along with the Temps). They hadn't lost anything. He had one of those unique voices that was made to sing. In the sixties there were three groups that owned the Motown sound... The Temptations, The Supremes, and The Four Tops. The Four Tops continued recording new hit songs and performing year in and year out, spanning decades.

Here is a video of the last performance of Levi Stubbs (after his stroke a couple years ago). He still had that soulful voice. What a star.

And here they are singing their number one hit in 1965... I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch):

DustyAttic
Forum Full Member

Re:Levi StubbsRIP-4 Tops
Saturday, October 18 2008 @ 08:20 PM CDT

Here they are performing their 1973 hit, "Ain't No Woman Like The One I've Got." I'm not sure of the date of this performance, but I would think it is from the late eighties or nineties:

fambroski
Forum Full Member

Re:Levi StubbsRIP-4 Tops
Saturday, October 18 2008 @ 09:29 PM CDT

Thank you so much for posting these videos. The four tops were /are my favorites. I always make a reference to them in my shows. The "last show" video brought a tear to my eye. He still had it. That was so powerful.
I'm surprised myself at how truly sad this all make me. Right to the heart.
To say he's enriched my life is an understatement.
Thank you again for sharing these.

"If I had an ego, I wouldn't play the guitar..." http://www.michefambro.com