Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Mandatory Hate
Friday, January 26 2018 @ 06:43 PM CST

If I don't bring this clip to your attention, no one else will.
Don't understand/know what this scene is? You should, but you don't.
This is not art. It's not a fun house mirror either. Be free!

Daug
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Re:Mandatory Hate
Saturday, January 27 2018 @ 11:48 AM CST

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 27 2018 @ 12:01 PM CST

Quote by: Daugrin

If I don't bring this clip to your attention, no one else will.
Don't understand/know what this scene is? You should, but you don't.
This is not art. It's not a fun house mirror either. Be free!

Daug

The meme for the certain sign of mental illness is to continue doing the same behavior over and over and expecting different results at the completion of a cycle, no?
Daug

SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 27 2018 @ 02:53 PM CST

Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 28 2018 @ 08:54 AM CST

Quote by: magnatone

This might help Karen, a professional vid explaining the novel. Watch it carefully, and have fun.

Daug
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 28 2018 @ 09:19 AM CST

Quote by: magnatone

This might help Karen, a professional vid explaining the novel. Watch it carefully, and have fun.

Daug

The meme for the certain sign of mental illness is to continue doing the same behavior over and over and expecting different results at the completion of a cycle, no?
Daug

MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, February 06 2018 @ 01:15 PM CST

George Orwell only missed it by twenty years . . .

He could never have imagined, though, how it would actually play out.   He perceived that totalitarian forces would once again do what Fascist leaders had done forty-odd years before.   He never could have imagined that, instead, millions of people would surrender their privacy and their autonomy most-willingly, being both captivated and captured by the electronics on their desks, in their pockets, and indeed on their bedside tables.

Such that – when Apple very-recently sold(!) terabytes of highly-personal information concerning their (unwilling, but unaware) subscribers to China, no one questioned the transaction itself ... only the price.
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, February 07 2018 @ 10:00 AM CST

Quote by: MikeRobinson
... when Apple very-recently sold(!) terabytes of highly-personal information concerning their (unwilling, but unaware) subscribers to China, no one questioned the transaction itself ... only the price.

The phrasing here is misleading, Mike.

Apple did NOT sell subscriber information TO China — rather, a group of Chinese contractors of Apple IN China sold such information as part of an illegal underground operation. The suspects are employees of outsourced suppliers and companies in China, where iPhones are sold at large electronic chains, mall booths as well as at Apple stores.

There was no Apple (implied) "transaction." It was data theft — which is quite common in China — pure and simple.

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, February 07 2018 @ 02:42 PM CST

The "obvious problems here," of course, are twofold:

(1) How did Apple wind up with this information – and why are we still (world-wide, apparently) content to label such things as nothing more than “marketing informtion?™”

(2) Why do we continue to imagine that human beings, whether we call them “contractors” or anything-else, are not capable of ... evil?   Are the really none so blind as those who will not see?   Why do we so-eagerly embrace “this Happy Little Cloud™,” apparently in pursuit of nothing more than “lower labor-costs and electrical-power bills,” as though there were no possible down-side to all of this?

So far as I can now see, people are still content to embrace World-War-II-era manifestations of what “World War” actually is, today.   Or maybe they imagine that humans are somehow no longer capable of engaging in such things, or no longer willing to do so.  

Did they learn nothing from “9/11™,” where they witnessed first-hand – if they chose to see it – the controlled demolition of three buildings in downtown New York City, accompanied by multiple simultaneous successful airline hijackings which served not only as a diversion in New York, but a bona-fide attack upon the Pentagon?   We are naive if we cannot imagine such a resourceful opponent – and if we cannot or simply will not imagine that an equally-resourceful opponent will one day seek to strike again.   We are utter fools to imagine that said opponent will not exploit the most-damaging attack vector then available to him.   And we are double-fools not to recognize what that attack vector surely must be:   the Internet.

Imagine, if you dare to do so, a “terrorist attack” that is directed upon your own house ... and, simultaneously, on hundreds of even thousands of identical houses throughout the nation.   You peek into your daughter’s room to find her dead – her cell-phone still in her hand.   The bedroom window is slightly open on this lukewarm summer night ... surely the killing shot must have come from there.   The perpetrator somehow knew that she was “home alone,” and that no one was in the houses next door.   How did they know this?   They had perfect knowledge, perhaps gathered by some “app.”   They knew that they could commit the perfect crime – undetected – because they also knew where all the police were.   And, they possessed this perfect knowledge from half-a-planet away, concerning literally millions of individual citizens just like you ... because we gave it to them.   The output of a “hadoop” query.   A “marketing inquiry” gone wrong.

Does this frighten you?   If not, then it should.   Never under-estimate your enemies.   Never imagine that they are not even there.   A thousand warships could not have prevented “9/11.”   That enemy thought o-u-t-s-i-d-e the box.

– – –
P.S.:   If you want to debate my “controlled demolition” assertion, please do it on your own time.   While the tell-tale signs were perhaps difficult to ascertain on the first two buildings, there could have been no confusion whatsoever regarding the third.   This is the caliber of Enemy that we now face, and he is not “an invading Army.”   (Armies, we know how to deal with.)

magnatone
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, February 07 2018 @ 03:26 PM CST

Quote by: MikeRobinson
Did they learn nothing from “9/11™,” where they witnessed first-hand – if they chose to see it – the controlled demolition of three buildings in downtown New York City

ffs