Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Re:On the ambient trail
Monday, May 21 2018 @ 11:48 PM CDT

Quote by: Warren Smith
Myself, I'd like to see this in split-screen, with the corresponding close-up of your fingers and mouth to go with the footwork.

Myself I'd like to have the equipment and skill and time to do split-screen stuff....

I've tried doing a head-to-toe video but 1. videos are always in landscape mode these days 2. that means you need a wide-angle lens and you get too much crap in your video. I didn't like the result.

I've also done a video of my head & instrument, but liked taht one even less. My eyes are darting back and forth. Very distracting. And there is not enough happening with the instrument.

You can see the various experiments here:https://vimeo.com/album/3721834

Victor.

-- My CD.
Warren Smith
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 22 2018 @ 03:19 PM CDT

As long as we are fantasizing, how about a triple split screen - with the close-ups of the footwork on the right and fingerwork on the left and then the center part the full-body experience : )

That's the problem when you do all of this stuff by yourself - it gets too complicated and time-consuming to put it together (while trying to get everything else done in life).

Just to be clear, I thought the video was a great thing to share.

VicDiesel
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, May 22 2018 @ 04:17 PM CDT

Quote by: Warren Smith

Just to be clear, I thought the video was a great thing to share.

It was clear. And I won't deny that watching me tap dance on the pedals for 9 minutes is just a tad, eh, unusual?

Victor.

-- My CD.