Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Great Society Horror Reveal
Saturday, November 10 2018 @ 12:26 AM CST

Watch this vid without recalling people you knew who went to Vietnam and failed to return and my hat is off to ya, me? I had to get a second box of tissues and drink heavily. How did government get away with this?
Especially if you happen to be a young person without Vietnam experiences to call on please take heed of this vid. Then, in 1966, their media branded them as The Great Society. Imagine what they, and their descendants do in the world today...

Daug
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:Great Society Horror Reveal
Sunday, November 11 2018 @ 06:40 PM CST

Although I was too young to serve, and in fact never did serve in the military, it makes me angry to hear people talk about “low IQ” in this or in any context.   Except possibly in reference to the fat-and-happy stupid officials in Washington, DC who stole thousands of young men out of their homes and their lives in order to send them into two consecutive hell-storms, both of which accomplished absolutely nothing.

On this Veteran’s Day, we honor both the living and the dead who ... when faced with “their country’s call” even when that call was made by raving idiots ... answered it, serving (or dying) “honorably and faithfully.”

In these days where “War is a Business” that has fulfilled every one of General “Ike” Eisenhower’s predictions of January 17, 1961 ten-thousand times over, they still serve.   In fact, today they volunteer to serve.

Thank you, Ladies And Gentlemen.   May your days of service be quiet and peaceful and may your honorable retirement be happy, long, and prosperous.   (I wish that I could actually make that wish come true on any point.)
awigze
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, November 13 2018 @ 02:09 PM CST

I didn't know any of this but am not surprised. Six months after my 18th birthday the draft was abolished. I had by that time heard enough about Vietnam to know that I didn't want to go and my parents felt the same way. They made sure that I and my brothers had an education exemption. I realized years later that it was the servicemen of the day that fought in that war that enabled me to stay safe and close to home. A debt I'll never repay and a realization that they deserve a lot of respect from me and others who had the same blessings as I.

Music is the master link in the chain of the tribes of mankind! -SloParts
and so it goes...

bronco
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, November 14 2018 @ 10:53 PM CST

Yes, I had seen this before. Just when you think you have heard every horror story that Vietnam was a part of, here comes another. I was officially called to duty but failed the physical twice and I weep for all that weren't as lucky as I. I have had a lifetime hatred of war and all those who would promote it for their own benefit. What is sad is that the American people still fall for the propaganda and it is somehow glorious to go to other countries and commit death and mayhem under the very dubious cover of patriotism, service to others and the hardest of all to swallow - we are there somehow to help the very people whose country we destroy.

We are all the victims of the "Masters of War" as Dylan wrote in his eloquent and chilling song.