Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
Moviz
Forum Full Member

HOPE.....Help again!
Saturday, January 19 2019 @ 03:57 PM CST

Just having read the "MJ Dying thread. I hope it isn't true, because It's also a library. My Mac died ( screen went pink with green stripes when switched on....like Pyjamas LOL)and took everything with it books, poems songs the lot, so I had to buy another Mac I was glad to remember that I'd had a Lacie plugged into the time machine only to discover it had last updated in 2011. so everything since then went.
I intended to go to Macjams and DL all my songs so I could put them all on disc but search as I may, I could NOT find a slot for my disc.....so no burn available, It seems all the new Macs no longer have this facility, so I ask you good people if you can recommend a good disc burner.
After reading the results and comments for the Mac Superdrive, it doesn't fare very well.....so if anyone can recommend a good one I'd be more than pleased. regards M

It's never too late.... is it?
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Re:HOPE..Help again!
Saturday, January 19 2019 @ 04:26 PM CST

My new Mac also required a separate device for cds, etc.

It plugs into the Mac via USB.

I recommend an online search. Amazon perhaps...

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Saturday, January 19 2019 @ 04:26 PM CST

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Moviz
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM CST

Quote by: Calchas

hi Mike, well I want recommendation of a certain make from people who have used an external device, so I won’t be wasting money. As I said the Apple Supreme looks good, but the reviews aren’t very complementary. Are you satisfied with the one you got and what’s the make please?

It's never too late.... is it?
J.A.Stewart
Forum Full Member

Sunday, January 20 2019 @ 01:49 PM CST

Hi, Maurice. I feel your pain. My Mac also recently died and took my main external HD with it during some strange electrical outage phenomenon.

Anyways, it's been a number of years since I had to worry about an external CD/DVD Burner — and maybe that's the best recommendation of all. My Pioneer Burner is still ticking. Pioneer has always been touted as an excellent choice for a Burner and for Macs and mine has certainly served me well over the years. It switches effortlessly between duty on my Mac and a PC laptop through USB.

I won't bother with a model number because it's AT LEAST 10 years old. I'm sure you can find a newer incarnation that will serve you well, although I'm guessing that most will now include BlueRay facilities. Good Luck, my friend. Wink

MY LATEST: A demo version of my Work-In-Progress DAILY GRIND

Fire_Angel
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, January 22 2019 @ 11:21 PM CST

looking for a Pioneer is an idea I will support. I bought an external CD recorder of theirs in the very early days of CD recorders and it worked until I gave it away after I eventually upgraded to something that could write DVDs as well. I had it for over ten years and last I heard it was still working a few years after I gave it away. It had a lot of use too.

Ancient Chinese proverb:
The man who does not make mistakes usually does not make anything.