Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
MikeRobinson
Forum Full Member

Re:Give peace a chance?
Wednesday, May 15 2019 @ 07:38 PM CDT

One of the most(!) informative books that I ever read concerned “crowd psychology.”

“Yeah, you might think that your dog is your best friend, but put that same dog in a pen with five other dogs and just see(!) what happens.”

Can you say ... “pack?”

This is very definitely the psychological mantra that is being played out today.   No matter what your individual political notions might be, “as the ‘individual’ that you naturally suppose yourself to be,” the actual truth is that you do not exercise those political notions “as an individual.”   Instead, you exercise them as part of a wolfpack.  

There are exactly two(!) such “crowds / packs” in which you exercise them.   As soon as you perceive that you are in the company of eight-or-so more other people, you will ... wolf that you actually are ... abandon your “individual” motives, and join one-or-the-other pack.   (Specifically, the one that you judge – consciously or unconsciously – to be the most likely to win.)   The motivations that you express, even though you may still consider them to be “your own,” will in fact conform exactly to those of “the pack” that you have self-identified with.   In fact, you will find yourself defending the pack, over your own personal opinions, should they disagree.

This is the evil genius of “crowd psychology.”

The nexus of political control therefore de-evolves into absolute control – from the top – over both of these (only...) two packs.   I daresay that more than 95% of you cannot immediately name either of the “other two” hopeless candidates who were on that ballot.   They didn’t exist.   The people who fully understand the power of crowd psychology know how to segregate the entire political power of a nation into exactly two groups ... and then to utterly control both of them.
ted23
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 16 2019 @ 09:24 AM CDT

Quote by: MikeRobinson
One of the most(!) informative books that I ever read concerned “crowd psychology.”

“Yeah, you might think that your dog is your best friend, but put that same dog in a pen with five other dogs and just see(!) what happens.”

Can you say ... “pack?”

This is very definitely the psychological mantra that is being played out today.   No matter what your individual political notions might be, “as the ‘individual’ that you naturally suppose yourself to be,” the actual truth is that you do not exercise those political notions “as an individual.”   Instead, you exercise them as part of a wolfpack.  

There are exactly two(!) such “crowds / packs” in which you exercise them.   As soon as you perceive that you are in the company of eight-or-so more other people, you will ... wolf that you actually are ... abandon your “individual” motives, and join one-or-the-other pack.   (Specifically, the one that you judge – consciously or unconsciously – to be the most likely to win.)   The motivations that you express, even though you may still consider them to be “your own,” will in fact conform exactly to those of “the pack” that you have self-identified with.   In fact, you will find yourself defending the pack, over your own personal opinions, should they disagree.

The nexus of political control therefore de-evolves into absolute control – from the top – over both of these (only...) two packs.   I daresay that more than 95% of you cannot immediately name either of the “other two” hopeless candidates who were on that ballot.   They didn’t exist.   The people who fully understand the power of crowd psychology know how to segregate the entire political power of a nation into exactly two groups ... and then to utterly control both of them.

Whats all that got to do with the price of fish?
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Thursday, May 16 2019 @ 09:29 AM CDT

Quote by: ted23
Quote by: MikeRobinson

Can you say ... “pack?”

Whats all that got to do with the price of fish?

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
AllenDean
Forum Chatty

Friday, May 17 2019 @ 06:44 AM CDT

Quote by: egobandit
Ya know, I think for me it was when my daughter wanted to open an account on MJs and couldn't do it because she never got approved. I think MJ's is dead if you can't get new blood on here. Its becoming a library for me. I see the same people here and it makes me happy.For a long time I stuck around posting when It was ghost town. I see this place being slowly dissolved from the inside as each Mac Jam member dies off, I crack myself up. You got to laugh at that one.
Anyway besides the few nut jobs on here its a cool place, not that the world hates nut jobs, but they deserve to be heard so we can keep an eye on em.

AGREED....
Without new musicians, this becomes the brain farts of a handful of people, myself included...
I never cared about differing points of view, as I'm a musician. I care about making the best music I can, within a genre, or genres that interest me. I learned a LONG time ago, the best way to alienate a potential fan is to talk politics or religion. I fell one can do it in the context of a song, but if you get on a forum and ramble, rant or rave about government, or Alabama, well, you get what you give.... as to this site, in general, I never ever ever get the number of hits, comments, etc. as many on this site, mainly due to the music I like to write. it used to be that a bunch of rockers and metalheads used to thrive here, when I started in 2007...they have all faded away, and gone to other sites, I can't for the life of me find where that is- I mean, fuck Soundcloud, am I right?
I digress.... I personally feel if MJ's refuses to allow new creators, its just a repository for songs that might otherwise get lost on an old hard drive.... the interface is so antiquated, that I cannot even use this site on my IOS devices...
that said, working on new vocal tracks and hope to post soon.... hahahaha!
continuing to be a glutton for punishment....
Daugrin
Forum Full Member

Friday, May 17 2019 @ 10:24 AM CDT

Quote by: AllenDean
Ya know, I think for me it was when my daughter wanted to open an account on MJs and couldn't do it because she never got approved. I think MJ's is dead if you can't get new blood on here. Its becoming a library for me. I see the same people here and it makes me happy.For a long time I stuck around posting when It was ghost town. I see this place being slowly dissolved from the inside as each Mac Jam member dies off, I crack myself up. You got to laugh at that one.
Anyway besides the few nut jobs on here its a cool place, not that the world hates nut jobs, but they deserve to be heard so we can keep an eye on em.

AGREED....
Without new musicians, this becomes the brain farts of a handful of people, myself included...
I never cared about differing points of view, as I'm a musician. I care about making the best music I can, within a genre, or genres that interest me. I learned a LONG time ago, the best way to alienate a potential fan is to talk politics or religion. I fell one can do it in the context of a song, but if you get on a forum and ramble, rant or rave about government, or Alabama, well, you get what you give.... as to this site, in general, I never ever ever get the number of hits, comments, etc. as many on this site, mainly due to the music I like to write. it used to be that a bunch of rockers and metalheads used to thrive here, when I started in 2007...they have all faded away, and gone to other sites, I can't for the life of me find where that is- I mean, fuck Soundcloud, am I right?
I digress.... I personally feel if MJ's refuses to allow new creators, its just a repository for songs that might otherwise get lost on an old hard drive.... the interface is so antiquated, that I cannot even use this site on my IOS devices...

How sad the ideas of others do not earn your respect Sir.

Mr. Dean, you have recently returned to MJs after a hiatus and furthermore have been a tangential member in good standing here in the past. Sadly, you don't get a pass on this outburst. Do not be mistaken. I have a respect for the work you have posted, technically brilliant projects and I want to thank you for sharing them with us!

Comments on the cultural issues from your perspective fail to help. Whether you realize or not a culture war has raged here since the place opened. The same conflicts in the MJs culture without exception played out in the mass culture. The fact revolution is occurring before your eyes and you are oblivious to the repercussions is disturbing. Revolutionary change is occuring.

The tradition of the modern musician is to be on the front lines. Please consider my comment here a call for reflection.

Mr. Tim, what is alive dies. Mjs will pass away whether you approve of the admin here or not. Is respect for people who believe differently than you not a norm in your culture? If modern humans achieve immortality we must certainly destroy ourselves. The transitory/temporal nature of consciousness creates the value in human life. I hope you will consider extending the respect to others that you would demand for yourself.

Daug
AllenDean
Forum Chatty

Saturday, May 18 2019 @ 05:22 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
Quote by: AllenDean

AGREED....

How sad the ideas of others do not earn your respect Sir.

Mr. Dean, you have recently returned to MJs after a hiatus and furthermore have been a tangential member in good standing here in the past. Sadly, you don't get a pass on this outburst. Do not be mistaken. I have a respect for the work you have posted, technically brilliant projects and I want to thank you for sharing them with us!

Comments on the cultural issues from your perspective fail to help. Whether you realize or not a culture war has raged here since the place opened. The same conflicts in the MJs culture without exception played out in the mass culture. The fact revolution is occurring before your eyes and you are oblivious to the repercussions is disturbing. Revolutionary change is occuring.

The tradition of the modern musician is to be on the front lines. Please consider my comment here a call for reflection.

Mr. Tim, what is alive dies. Mjs will pass away whether you approve of the admin here or not. Is respect for people who believe differently than you not a norm in your culture? If modern humans achieve immortality we must certainly destroy ourselves. The transitory/temporal nature of consciousness creates the value in human life. I hope you will consider extending the respect to others that you would demand for yourself.

Daug

The tradition of the modern musician is to be on the front lines....
Yes. I agree.
In their music.
I just read through a 73 page thread from Long long ago that is still going strong, when i would rather be listening to people sing, and play.
My post is not about my obliviousness, it’s a comment an agreement to the notion we get new musicians on this site, with new ideas, new genres, more genres, etc. etc. etc.
When i started here in 2007, there were a ton- a metric shit ton of people willing to collaborate on any number of songs, in any number of genres. Like many, i spent a few years back on stages, and didn’t record much on my own. When i returned in 2017, the entire landscape had changed. No new people, most of the old guard gone, and it left me sad. There really is no other place like this site. And i for one would love to see it flourish once again. I’m here to share my talents. I’m here to listen to everyday people from all over the world share theirs. I’m here to share my music, and if someone asks me, possibly contribute. But help out socially? Save the world from itself? Help fight a culture war? No, sir. This world needs to help itself or be swallowed whole. If i want to comment on the state of the country within which I’m living, it will be in the form of a song....
The internet and technology has created an entirely new and diverse society of musicians. Some bad, some good. Some who would play on a stage, some who prefer to stay at home.
Each and every time one of us engages in a forum war of words, they miss an opportunity to say what they feel with their music.
This site DOES need new members. All music needs fresh ideas. I’m not playing Robert Johnson’s music, any more than I’m playing Asking Alexandria’s.
But all are relevant, and all need to be welcome.
I love this site, because of its musical diversity, not its political leanings, religious gobbledygook nor its forum posts. If i wanted that, i would rejoin Facebook- 2.5 years clean, and free of that drama, thank Crom....
I posted a reply because i wanted to read any responses. And you did not fail me, thank you.
Now, let’s hear something. No more reading. No more typing.
And let’s get some new members in here to stir the pot.
Mixing vocals this morning, and with luck, and some diaphragm fortitude, i might have a passable rough mix posted this weekend.....

And tangential? Well, that’s just being nasty
I might have spent from 2012-2015 busting my ass on stages all over Northern California, but from 2007-2012, every bit of output i had was posted on this here site. Collaborating with several members, posting no less than 50-60 of my own songs. Perhaps my stuff takes a minute or two more than some to post, but with each note, I’m learning. Learning about the mix. The nuance. Using my voice, my guitar. Tangential, well, ok. This shouldn’t mean that my validity or dedication to this site should be in question or looked at negatively as a result of my output, or how many “pals”i have here. I have supported and pimped this site since my first post, and I’m proud of that.
Like i said, there really is not other site like this......

Tangentially... you cut me, bro...
You cut me deep.....

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 22 2019 @ 10:27 AM CDT

So much for peace... It was worth a shot... or at least I thought it was... briefly...

Heartfelt thanks to those of you who tried!

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)