Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
egobandit
Forum Full Member

Re:Give peace a chance?
Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 07:25 PM CDT

Ya know, I think for me it was when my daughter wanted to open an account on MJs and couldn't do it because she never got approved. I think MJ's is dead if you can't get new blood on here. Its becoming a library for me. I see the same people here and it makes me happy.For a long time I stuck around posting when It was ghost town. I see this place being slowly dissolved from the inside as each Mac Jam member dies off, I crack myself up. You got to laugh at that one.
Anyway besides the few nut jobs on here its a cool place, not that the world hates nut jobs, but they deserve to be heard so we can keep an eye on em.
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 07:33 PM CDT

Quote by: egobandit
Ya know, I think for me it was when my daughter wanted to open an account on MJs and couldn't do it because she never got approved. I think MJ's is dead if you can't get new blood on here. Its becoming a library for me. I see the same people here and it makes me happy.For a long time I stuck around posting when It was ghost town. I see this place being slowly dissolved from the inside as each Mac Jam member dies off, I crack myself up. You got to laugh at that one.
Anyway besides the few nut jobs on here its a cool place, not that the world hates nut jobs, but they deserve to be heard so we can keep an eye on em.

Yeah, if only we could get Simon to open up membership again, as well as revive the Chat feature.

Can he still be reached? Can we PETITION him?

Hell, I'll BEG!

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Skunkwrx
Forum Junior

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 07:53 PM CDT

I really hope you can succeed in getting membership opened up again! That would go a long way toward revitalizing this place.

S2

Skunkwrx
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 08:06 PM CDT

Quote by: Skunkwrx
I really hope you can succeed in getting membership opened up again! That would go a long way toward revitalizing this place.

S2

It's probably a pipe dream. Who knows?

What is NOT necessarily a pipe dream is a renewal of mutual respect and creativity among those of us who are left. That is definitely do-able... if we want it bad enough.

I want it REAL BAD!!!

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Dadai.2
Forum Full Member

Tuesday, April 16 2019 @ 10:27 PM CDT

Quote by: Calchas
Quote by: Skunkwrx

S2

It's probably a pipe dream. Who knows?

What is NOT necessarily a pipe dream is a renewal of mutual respect and creativity among those of us who are left. That is definitely do-able... if we want it bad enough.

I want it REAL BAD!!!

Simon’s email addresses that I have:

simon@simig.com
trisimon@gmail.com

MJ mass email him...
DWL
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 17 2019 @ 10:15 AM CDT

All we are saying...

Good points folks and thanks for setting it off Mike.

I use another music site which banned topics such as politics and religion. It certainly made it a more pleasant place to hang out. Or at least it did while it was getting a lot of traffic. Unfortunately like MJ traffic has slowed to a crawl.

I'm not sure divisive posts have really contributed to MJ's decline. A barely functioning site with no new members are at least some of the factors. The world has changed and maybe people are finding other ways of getting their music heard or simply not creating anymore.

Whatever the reasons, I fully support Mike's comments and echo "Give Peace a Chance".

Hanging in with the out crowd (All rights reserved)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 17 2019 @ 10:21 AM CDT

Quote by: DWL
All we are saying...

Good points folks and thanks for setting it off Mike.

I use another music site which banned topics such as politics and religion. It certainly made it a more pleasant place to hang out. Or at least it did while it was getting a lot of traffic. Unfortunately like MJ traffic has slowed to a crawl.

I'm not sure divisive posts have really contributed to MJ's decline. A barely functioning site with no new members are at least some of the factors. The world has changed and maybe people are finding other ways of getting their music heard or simply not creating anymore.

Whatever the reasons, I fully support Mike's comments and echo "Give Peace a Chance".

"I'm not sure divisive posts have really contributed to MJ's decline. A barely functioning site with no new members are at least some of the factors. The world has changed and maybe people are finding other ways of getting their music heard or simply not creating anymore."

---this is surely a factor as well. A broken site closed to new members is not helping matters much! (Hello Simon!!!)

But many people have left MJ due to infighting. I left twice over the years due precisely to this. But I couldn't stay away. (Sorry all! Ha ha...)

Thanks for clocking in Dick!

mike_d
Forum Full Member

Location: , of vocation is where I seem to be most of the time

Wednesday, April 17 2019 @ 11:17 AM CDT

I agree with Tim.

Ya know, I think for me it was when my daughter wanted to open an account on MJs and couldn't do it because she never got approved. I think MJ's is dead if you can't get new blood on here.

Fresh faces could do a lot to inspire people to interact more, I think.

As far as the politically-based forums, I don't care for those. I think sites like Reddit, Facebook, etc. are more appropriate for them.

Thanks for starting a dialogue, Mike. I sure hope your efforts pay off!

If I can't fix it, it ain't broke
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, April 17 2019 @ 11:31 AM CDT

Quote by: mike_d
I agree with Tim.

Ya know, I think for me it was when my daughter wanted to open an account on MJs and couldn't do it because she never got approved. I think MJ's is dead if you can't get new blood on here.

Fresh faces could do a lot to inspire people to interact more, I think.

As far as the politically-based forums, I don't care for those. I think sites like Reddit, Facebook, etc. are more appropriate for them.

Thanks for starting a dialogue, Mike. I sure hope your efforts pay off!

I'm probably NOT the best person to carry the ball on this one; but someone has to get it rolling.

I agree with your recommendations re Reddit, Facebook, etc. (Places I pretty much stay away from...)

Thanks for clocking in old friend!

jiguma
Forum Full Member

Thursday, April 18 2019 @ 02:46 AM CDT

Thanks for starting this up Mike.

First up, for me the political stuff, clunky site, occasional bad manners and so on were not why I've vacated my seat at the MJ table over the past couple of years. It's much simpler than that - I ran out of time to listen to other people's posts and I ran out of ideas for new songs. I have to admit that seeing covers appearing on MJ was a bit depressing for me.
I went through over a year trying to put/hold a band together, something that was way more difficult/stressful/discouraging than I'd anticipated. I've also been involved with recording and playing with PBGB, which can soak up an enormous amount of time and energy. Add to that active involvement in French and German speaking groups, a bushwalking group, gym and swimming stuff and a regular social life, and I'm battling to find enough time to settle in and focus on writing and recording my own stuff.

It's been nearly 2 years since I've written anything that I've thought is worth posting.

Having said all that, I am interested in trying to get involved again in MJ. I even have the one song I've recorded in the last 2 years being posted as I type.

"The Disappearing Man": https://www.macjams.com/song/84713

Cheers from Oz.
Neil