Home Music Articles Forums Blog Chat More...      

add to bookmarks
Prev Topic | Next Topic

Author
magnatone
Forum Full Member

Re:Give peace a chance?
Saturday, May 25 2019 @ 11:30 AM CDT

Quote by: Daugrin
Quote by: egobandit
Ya know, I think for me it was when my daughter wanted to open an account on MJs and couldn't do it because she never got approved. I think MJ's is dead if you can't get new blood on here. Its becoming a library for me. I see the same people here and it makes me happy.For a long time I stuck around posting when It was ghost town. I see this place being slowly dissolved from the inside as each Mac Jam member dies off, I crack myself up. You got to laugh at that one.
Anyway besides the few nut jobs on here its a cool place, not that the world hates nut jobs, but they deserve to be heard so we can keep an eye on em.

Mr. Tim, what is alive dies. Mjs will pass away whether you approve of the admin here or not. Is respect for people who believe differently than you not a norm in your culture? If modern humans achieve immortality we must certainly destroy ourselves. The transitory/temporal nature of consciousness creates the value in human life. I hope you will consider extending the respect to others that you would demand for yourself.

Daug

that's um ... rich

also:

Quote by: Daugrin

The meme for the certain sign of mental illness is to continue doing the same behavior over and over and expecting different results at the completion of a cycle, no?
Daug

my most recent song: "First Light (solo piano)"
FEEL
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 25 2019 @ 10:08 PM CDT

I'm in agreement that this site needs some updating or at least work like it use to. It is still here because admin has kept what's left alive on a server. The interest they had when they were beaming with new ideas and created this place has long past. Times change for many of us. I for instance still dream of being a musician but then every day occurrences happen and I've lost that drive, just like admin.

I cling to this place because it has history. Over a decade for me. The last communication with my brother happened here on a song he requested I write with a guitar which was his last gift to me. It was only a like but at least I know he heard it. Harold was my macjams liaison.

We all have our reasons. This place means a lot to many of us. I haven't touched a guitar in over a month but still long for that day when I find one of those musicians I have met here and we could collaborate again.

To me this place is like memories left here for us to revisit from time to time, like a moment on a world wide web server. Good luck to us all, wishing the best outcome.

Respectfully
Char
Forum Full Member

Saturday, May 25 2019 @ 11:57 PM CDT

Those people who found lasting friendships and honored collaborators here just have to walk in, sit down and set a spell. The music is awesome. Great post, Micheal.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. Katharine Hepburn
Char
Forum Full Member

Sunday, May 26 2019 @ 08:06 AM CDT

If only everyone could learn to be positive and approach situations from the standpoint of optimism. There will always be sour souls but I think the sweet ones outnumber them. Curmudgeons, would be kings and know it alls are rarely all one person, but rather many people. Bad dawg, bad apple or whatever it is, this place is warmed by good people who really don't want to control others but want to share good times and good music with each other. Sure, all can have their say. But hold your monkey wrench in your hand until it can fix something rather than screw it up. Can ya do that? Probably not. I don't understand the desire to bring people down, especially when Micheal put forward such a pure goal. Can those of us who have loved this place in all its imperfection...can we make an effort, once again?

Calchas
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 27 2019 @ 06:03 PM CDT

Quote by: FEEL
I'm in agreement that this site needs some updating or at least work like it use to. It is still here because admin has kept what's left alive on a server. The interest they had when they were beaming with new ideas and created this place has long past. Times change for many of us. I for instance still dream of being a musician but then every day occurrences happen and I've lost that drive, just like admin.

I cling to this place because it has history. Over a decade for me. The last communication with my brother happened here on a song he requested I write with a guitar which was his last gift to me. It was only a like but at least I know he heard it. Harold was my macjams liaison.

We all have our reasons. This place means a lot to many of us. I haven't touched a guitar in over a month but still long for that day when I find one of those musicians I have met here and we could collaborate again.

To me this place is like memories left here for us to revisit from time to time, like a moment on a world wide web server. Good luck to us all, wishing the best outcome.

Respectfully

Thanks for posting John. (I remember Harold with great fondness, btw)

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Monday, May 27 2019 @ 06:05 PM CDT

Quote by: Char
If only everyone could learn to be positive and approach situations from the standpoint of optimism. There will always be sour souls but I think the sweet ones outnumber them. Curmudgeons, would be kings and know it alls are rarely all one person, but rather many people. Bad dawg, bad apple or whatever it is, this place is warmed by good people who really don't want to control others but want to share good times and good music with each other. Sure, all can have their say. But hold your monkey wrench in your hand until it can fix something rather than screw it up. Can ya do that? Probably not. I don't understand the desire to bring people down, especially when Micheal put forward such a pure goal. Can those of us who have loved this place in all its imperfection...can we make an effort, once again?

Gratitude for your attitude Char!

Many thanks for posting!

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” (St. Augustine)
Calchas
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, May 29 2019 @ 12:35 PM CDT

Thank you Char for your warm and constructive contribution to this thread.

It's great to see you on-site again!!!

Char
Forum Full Member

Wednesday, June 05 2019 @ 08:57 PM CDT

Perhaps we could advertize a get together...like the old beer Fridays? Saturday at 8:00PM Eastern Standard Time or whatever. See who shows up in chat?

SmokeyVW
Forum Full Member

Friday, June 07 2019 @ 04:31 PM CDT

Perhaps we could advertize a get together...like the old beer Fridays? Saturday at 8:00PM Eastern Standard Time or whatever. See who shows up in chat?

https://macjams.com/chat/

mike_d
Forum Full Member

Location: , of vocation is where I seem to be most of the time

Saturday, June 08 2019 @ 09:04 PM CDT

Thanks for trying Char. I was a little late to the party. I had a nice chat with Mr Mordenus and it felt like old times again 😃

If I can't fix it, it ain't broke